||3||

In the dimly lit office, Palak remained diligently immersed in her work, the glow from her computer screen casting a soft aura around her cubicle. She was unaware of the late hour as she focused intently, her face illuminated by the gentle radiance.

Meanwhile, Shaurya, having stayed back late, stood by the glass door of his cabin, his eyes fixed on Palak's cubicle. He observed her, captivated by her dedication and beauty. Her hair danced lightly around her face, teasing his view, as she chewed on the tip of a pen in deep concentration.

A smile graced his lips as he watched her tie her hair into a messy bun, using a pencil from the other side of the cubicle. She looked effortlessly stunning, captivating Shaurya's attention like a favorite indulgence.

However, his tranquility shattered when he noticed Sameer approaching Palak's cubicle, carrying coffee. Instantly, a surge of jealousy coursed through Shaurya's veins, his heart clenching painfully. He clenched his jaw, his fists balling up involuntarily as a rush of emotions engulfed him.

There was a time when the bond between the two brothers had been strong, but circumstances had twisted their relationship. Shaurya was aware of Sameer's manipulative tactics, particularly orchestrating false rumors about him being a womanizer. The rivalry between them had escalated when Shaurya was appointed CEO, an opportunity Sameer desired fervently.

Shaurya's gaze remained fixed on Palak and Sameer. His heart ached as he witnessed them interacting, their friendly gestures amplifying his inner turmoil. His chest burned with a mixture of jealousy, frustration, and hurt, watching them share a moment.

Attempting to soothe the searing discomfort, Shaurya rubbed his chest, but the anguish refused to abate. He tried to shake off the overwhelming emotions, but they gripped him relentlessly.

In a fit of internal turmoil, Shaurya slammed his fist onto the desk in sheer frustration. The forceful impact shattered the glass, leaving a cut on his hand. Physical pain seared through him, but it paled in comparison to the emotional turmoil raging inside him, fueled by the sight of Palak and Sameer together. He slumped into his chair, the pain in his heart insurmountable, his emotions a tumultuous storm he couldn't control.

.

.

.

.

Amidst the late hour, Palak finished her work diligently, ensuring perfection in the project file before heading towards Shaurya's cabin. The air was heavy with a sense of unease as Sameer's unwarranted gaze lingered, making her uncomfortable. Ignoring the unsettling feeling, she knocked on Shaurya's door, awaiting permission to enter.

Come in, Shaurya's voice resonated from within the cabin. Palak entered and approached him, handing over the completed file. Sir, file ready hai aur iss baar koi galti nahi ki hai, she asserted confidently.

Shaurya nodded, acknowledging her words. Okay, you may leave now. Kaafi late ho gaya hai. Main driver se keh deta hoon vo tumhe chhod dega, he offered, concern evident in his tone.

Palak hesitated, not wanting to inconvenience him. Nahi sir, iski koi zaroorat nahi hai, she declined politely.

Miss Mehra, kya yeh zaroori hai ki tum meri har baat ko mana karo... Shaurya's voice trailed off, surprising Palak with its softer tone.

Aisa nahi hai sir, ghar toh aapko bhi jaana hai. Agar main driver ke saath chali jaaungi toh aap kaise jaaoge? Palak replied, her concern genuine.

Shaurya was taken aback by her consideration for him, a feeling that rarely surfaced in his life, except for his dadi's affection. A faint smile adorned his lips, a rare sight in the past two years. Her smile added to her beauty, making it hard for him to understand why he felt this way.

Don't worry. Muhje yeh file check karni hai. Uske baad main khud chala jaaunga. You can leave, Shaurya assured her, but Palak, astonished by his rare smile, found it difficult to leave.

Sir, ek kaam karte hai. Aap yeh file check kar lijiye. Tab tak main apne cubicle mein baith thi hoon. Koi gadbad ho file mein toh aap mujhe bata sakte hai. Main usse sahi kar dungi. Aur jab aap kaam ho jaaye toh hum saath mein jaa sakte hai, agar aapko koi problem na ho toh, Palak suggested, her concern for the work and for him evident.

Shaurya was surprised by her proposition but found himself agreeing wholeheartedly. Stop! Stay here! No need to be there alone. I'll just check this file in 10 minutes and then we can leave, he instructed, signaling for her to take a seat on the nearby sofa.

Palak settled on the sofa, glancing at Shaurya with a newfound sense of understanding between them, a connection blossoming amidst the late-night silence of the office.

.

.

.

.

As Palak sat on the sofa in Shaurya's cabin, her attention involuntarily drifted towards him as he delved into the file, scrutinizing its contents meticulously. Her gaze lingered on his features, admiring his striking appearance and undeniable charm. Despite being the CEO's intimidating aura, she couldn't deny his magnetic pull.

Shaurya Luthra possessed an undeniable allure. His demeanor exuded power and charisma, a dynamic blend that made him both fascinating and daunting. Palak reminisced about her initial days in the office, remembering how intimidated she felt by his presence. Over time, the dynamics had shifted, revealing a different side to him—a hidden kindness that few were privy to. She acknowledged his depth, contrasting sharply with the image his family projected, especially in comparison to Sameer, whom his parents constantly praised, while unfairly overlooking Shaurya's attributes.

Observing Shaurya closely, Palak acknowledged his rugged good looks, the subtle yet striking features that defined him. His sharp jawline, perfectly groomed beard, and his well-built physique highlighted under his black shirt. She found herself admiring these traits, a fact she begrudgingly acknowledged in her thoughts, feeling guilty for entertaining such thoughts about her boss.

Suddenly, Shaurya sensed her gaze and looked up, catching Palak staring at him intently. A smirk played on his lips, noticing her embarrassment. He teased her, Done checking me out?

Flustered, Palak denied it vehemently. I was not checking you out! she retorted, feeling her cheeks flush with embarrassment.

Shaurya continued to tease her playfully. Sure, sure! And I am the president of America, he quipped, enjoying her reaction.

With a mischievous glint in his eye, he prodded further, So, you like what you see?

Palak closed her eyes momentarily in frustration, exasperated by the situation. Aap na... aap...? she struggled for words, trying to hide her flustered state.

Shaurya grinned, carrying on with the banter. Haan, bolo, main kya?

Aap na ek number ke bandar ho... Palak retorted, referring to him as a monkey.

Did you just call me a monkey? Shaurya chuckled, playing along.

Yess! Palak affirmed, puffing out her cheeks, feigning annoyance.

Deciding to lighten the mood, Shaurya added, Fine, toh tum bandariya..

Palak shook her head in playful exasperation, standing up as if to leave. Main jaa rahi hoon.

Shaurya, with a smile tugging at his lips, stopped her. Wait, mera kaam ho gaya hai. Main bhi chalta hoon, he declared, closing his laptop and gathering his files. He switched off the lights and left the cabin alongside Palak, their banter lingering in the air as they exited together, the tension from earlier moments dissolved in their playful exchange.

Hello! everyone!

Tell me how's the chapter. Do read it!

And Vote for it

Thank You!