Thief

"Will you, do it?", Laura asks me while we eat breakfast the next morning.

"Do what?", I ask, while eating my oats.

"Call Leah.", she clarifies, and I almost choke on my meal. I totally forgot about this. I mean, I shoved it to the side.

I shake my head. "I don't know."

"You definitely should", she says and continues to eat her breakfast.

I'm not sure if I should. I obviously want to, but the whole situation feels a bit strange to me. Why did she write her number under the autograph? The only way to find out is to call her.

"Why not.", I finally decide and get a smile from Laura.

It is about 2 o'clock when I'm alone in our hotel room. Laura went out for a walk, she said she needed some fresh air, but I know, that she just wanted to make sure, that I call Leah.I'm sitting on my bed, my phone in one hand and the notepad in the other. I dial the number shaking.

"Here we go", I whisper to myself and take a deep breath. Then I hit 'Call'

Ring....Ring

"Williamson", it says.

"Hey, am I speaking with the thief of my edding?", I say and giggle nervously.

"I wouldn't say thief.", she laughs. God her laugh sounds amazing.

"More like I borrowed it", Leah adds."

Oh, I'm sorry. Am I speaking with the one who borrowed my edding?", I ask now. When did I become so courageous? I'm usually nothing like this, but something about her just makes it so easy.

"You are.", she sounds even bolder than I did. "And I would really like to give it back to you. We just have one problem.", she says.

"What?", I simply ask.

"I don't know the name, of who I borrowed it from."

I laugh now. "We can work on that.", I answer. "Rumor has it, that it's Marie.", I reveal.

"What a beautiful name.", she compliments. I feel that I'm starting to blush. What on earth does she do to me?

"Thank you. So, how does Marie get her edding back?", I ask.

"Maybe I could invite her to a coffee tomorrow? To make up for the inconvenience.", is she really asking me out right now? I shake my head. No, she is probably just being nice.

"Sounds great. Where and when?", I ask straight forward.

"3 pm? I send you the address. I have your number now at least.", she sounds so confident it's crazy.

"Sounds good. See you then.", I am amazed on how confident I am as well.

"Bye", she says before hanging up.

Am I dreaming? Do I have a fever? Laura definitely needs to pinch me. I will have coffee with Leah Williamson tomorrow.

Laura comes back to our room shortly after. I'm sitting on the bed, playing with my phone when the door opens. I look up but quickly look back on my phone. Even without looking, I can feel how her asking look burns through me.

"How was your walk? Did you get enough fresh air?" I start to tease her, still without looking in her direction.

"Oh, come on.," she sinks next to me on the bed. "You know, I didn't go because of that."

"You think I called her?" I look up now while trying to remain a poker face.

"Well, did you?" she tilts her head to the left.