Goodbye for now

Leah and I have spent the rest of Saturday evening cuddling and watching Netflix until we went to bed. We were both very tired after the fair, but it was a perfect first date, nonetheless. I am a bit sad that this will be the last time I fall asleep in her arms for a while. It is crazy, how fast we got comfortable with the other but that is also the most beautiful part about this. About us.

I wake up the next morning in an empty bed. A déjà vu. My stomach immediately feels uneasy but that feeling fades when I smell the scent of fresh coffee coming out of the kitchen. I get up and step into the kitchen, where I find Leah making breakfast not noticing me. I walk over, put my hands around her waist and kiss her neck.

"Morning.", I whisper against it.

She turns around and gives me a soft kiss to my lips.

"Good morning.", she whispers back with a still raspy voice. "Hungry?"

"Yeah.", I say and start to kiss her more passionately. "But the food looks good as well.", I smirk.

Leah rolls her eyes a bit, kisses me again and takes my hands away from her waist.

"Let's eat then.", she states and grabs to plates. My plan is not quite over yet so I grab her neck and kiss her again, turning it into a make out session.

"Let's eat. The food can wait.", I flirt as I push her against the kitchen counter and kiss her again, letting a moan slip out of her mouth.

I got her. Or at least I thought I did because Leah moves her head to the side now. No problem for me though, I just start sucking on her neck, leaving Leah take sharp breaths in and gulping.

"Okay, Marie.", she says as she grabs my hands and guides me a bit away from her. "That is enough. Remember what we said about slow?", she asks.

"Mhm.", I grumble. "Sorry, I am just happy that you were standing here.", I admit.

Leah smiles at me, then kisses my forehead. "I am not going anywhere, okay?"

I nod. "I'm just sad that I have to fly back tonight."

"Me too. But let us make the most out of today. I must create stock of cuddles.", she chuckles, and I hug her.

I help Leah set the table for breakfast.

"I have a few days off in three weeks.", she tells as she pours herself a cup of coffee. "Are you able to survive until then without me?", she asks joking.

"I guess so, but I don't have time off.", I sigh.

"Can you at least pick me up from the airport?"

"Definitely.", I state and grab myself two slices of cheese. "So, you will come to Germany?", I request for clarification.

"Yeah, I've never been there anyway. Except for games.", she says, and I start to smile like a Cheshire Cat.

"I would love that.", I expression still smiling. "I will have to tell my family about you first though."

"Do they not know about me?", she questions.

"They do know I met someone in London, yes. They just don't know who I met in London.", I giggle.

"Ah, yeah, there was something there I remember.", she laughs. "Is it okay for you though? I mean when people approach me for photos or autographs when we are out together. Or that I am careful where I kiss you or hold your hand.", she asks worried.

"Leah, I knew about that when I kissed you for the first time, okay? I knew about it when I came here to figure things out with you. I must admit that I have to get used to it, but I knew it. It is fine.", I take her hand and reassure her.

The rest of the day goes by far too quickly. Leah and I cuddled and watched a film, not the third Lord of the Rings I had to promise her, that I will not watch it without her.

I cannot believe that I feel so comfortable around her. I don't want to leave, and I know that Leah doesn't want me to leave as well. I think about this while packing. Knowing that I will see her again in three weeks helps a little bit. Sometimes I ask myself if my feelings for her are too fast, but I have never felt so much like myself like I do when I am with her.

Leah offered me to drive me to the airport, she picks up my luggage and stows it into the boot of her car. Before I can jump into the passenger's seat, she kisses me passionately.

"Just in case there are too many people at the airport.", she whispers against my lips.

I kiss her again. "Thanks for the weekend.", I whisper.

"Thanks for coming.", she says until she lets go of me.

We talk the whole way to the airport. Leah will book her tickets to Germany as soon as she gets home. We already searched up a flight after breakfast. Leah parks the car and gets out my luggage. I offer to take my bag, but she won't let me.

"I can take this myself. I am quite strong you know?", I laugh.

"Of that I have no doubt.", she states. "But my mother raised a gentlewoman.", she adds.

"Of that I have no doubt.", I answer, and we walk to the security.

"So", she takes a deep breath. "I can't come with you any further.", Leah mumbled.

"I know.", I expressed sadly. "But we will see each other soon.", I try to cherish her up.

"So, goodbye for now?", she asks me with a forced smile.

"Goodbye for now."

She hugs me tightly, then loosens the hug and gives me a short kiss on the lips. I can't help but smile into it.

"Text me when you are home, okay?", she states and hugs me one last time.

"I will.", I answer and hug her even tightly. I don't want to let go but I have to.

"Bye.", I utter as I just hold her hand.

"Bye.", she says and lets go of my hand.

When I sit down in the aeroplane, I realise one thing. Long distance might become a problem.

The flight went by without any problems, except me missing Leah already. I just got outside the airport and search for Lauras car. It takes me not long to find it, mainly because she stands next to it.

"Hey.", I smile and hug her. "Thank you."

"I like you much better this way, so welcome.", she smiles back. "I am surprised you can still walk.", she mocks me.

"Haha.", I say as I roll my eyes. "We take things slow from now on.", I declare as I put my luggage into her car.

"So, this is something serious, then?", she asks, and I nod.

"You have a girlfriend?", Laura smiles.

"Not officially yet.", I answer, and we get in the car.

"But you are in love with her?", she questions the obvious.

"Yeah, I guess I am."