Party

„As much as I enjoy chatting with you, I think we should get going.", I sigh.

"Yeah, probably.", Leah says sadly and waves over the waitress.

"28,95 £", the waitress says smiling. I'm about to grab my purse as Leah simply holds up her phone and pays. The waitress gives Leah the bill and wishes us a good day before leaving.

"I could have paid that.", I scoff as we get up and go outside.

"I wouldn't doubt that.", she expresses. "I'll let you pay next time.", she winks and smiles and I can't help but smile as well.

"I probably should get going. Poor Laura is taking an extraordinarily long walk today.", I laugh before I quickly add "Thanks for the coffees. I had a wonderful time."

"My Pleasure.", Leah says. "I will text you Kim's address later. You guys should stop by at around 8, is that fine?", she asks.

"Sounds great.", I smile.

"Alright, see you then.", she says before hugging me shortly and I feel my knees give in a little.

"Bye.", I finally get out before we both go in opposite directions. I can't wait to go to that party, but first I gotta find Laura.

It does not take long for me to find her; she is sitting on a bench nearby. I sit next to her, and she looks up.

"It's about damn time.", she says. "I guess it went well."

"It went very well. Do you want to go to a party on Wednesday?", I ask directly.

"Wait, what?", she asked even though she heard me very clearly. "A party at Leah Williamson's house?"

"At Kim Little's to be exact.", I clarify. "Leah sends me the address later."

"Holy Shit. Someone has a crush on you", she laughs and pokes me in the ribs.

"Ow!", I get out. "And she has no crush on me. We don't even know each other that much."

"You just spent 2 hours getting to know each other? Or did it take you two hours to give back an edding.", she chuckles, and I made a realisation.

"Oh Fuck.", I say.

"What?", Laura askes still chuckling until she realises. "You didn't get it back, did you?"

I put my head in my hands. How, how can we spend two hours without doing why we met in the first place. I know how and I know that we didn't meet up because of that, not mainly at least. But still, what is she doing to me?

"Well, guess we need to go to that party.", Laura says, stands up and pulls me up as well.

"You do know that I definitely would have gone there, right? With or without you.", I ask as I let go of her hands.

"Yeah, I know.", she nods. "Now come on, I want to take a ride on the London Eye while we're here.", she says and starts going.

"Without me.", I instantly shake my head. She knows I am scared of heights.

"With you. I must take advantage of you being brave.", she just says.

My phone buzzes and I see a message from Leah with an address 'Looking forward to it'. I sigh.

"Fine, but only if you promise me not to embarrass me at that party.", I say.

"Would I ever?", she askes rhetorically but I answer it anyway,

"Yeah, you would."

Two days later, I stand in front of my closet and think about what to wear to that party. Leah didn't say if there was a dress code, so I decide on black trousers, with a white blouse on top and a black blazer as well as my white Nikes.