One question and a confession

"Are we there yet?", Leah asks approximately two minutes after we began our walk.

"No, we have to keep going for at least five more minutes.", I explain.

Leah groans but keeps walking, mostly because I pull her behind me.

"Are we there yet?", Leah asks after we enter the forest five minutes later.

"For someone who does a sport for a living, you really don't like to walk, do you?", I laugh and Leah pouts.

"We're almost there. Just around the corner.", I say and point to a branch which is covered by trees and bushes.

"But you are not planning on killing me now?", she jokes.

"Of course, why do you think we are here.", I answer sarcastically and roll my eyes.

"Oh, ha-ha.", she mocks me.

We turn around the corner and come to a little clearing in the forest, where a bench is located. Even though it is the beginning of march, it looks beautiful.

"Wow.", Leah breathes out.

"Told you so.", I answer and get a blanket out of my backpack to cover the bench with it. "I just hope it doesn't get too cold.", I voice my concern.

"I don't care.", Leah says and sits down on the bench. "I have you to keep me warm.", she finishes and spreads her arms, in which I happily take place.

"I don't want to ruin the moment but, what else do you have in there? I am hungry.", Leah speaks after a minute of cuddles.

"Me too.", I chuckle and pull out a thermos flask with coffee, an apple and a knife, as well as two mugs and some sandwiches my mum made us. "Ham for you.", I say as I unwrap the first sandwich.

"Thank you.", Leah replies and takes the sandwich, before pouring the coffee into the mugs and I cut the apple in two halves.

"Cheers.", she says and hands me the coffee.

"Cheers.", I reply as I take the mug and clink it with hers.

We sit in silence for a bit, listening to the birds chirping and the wind blowing through the trees, while drinking coffee. I love that I can sit in silence with Leah without causing a strange situation. Sometimes I need exactly something like that.

"How did you know this place?", Leah questions after a while.

"When I feel sad or overwhelmed by my feelings, I go for a walk. I just put my headphones on, start the music and begin to wander around. A year ago, I had a pretty tough time and someday I found this place. I came here almost every day, so it is really special to me.", I explain and look into the sky.

"I understand.", Leah says and looks up as well.

"I actually never brought anyone here.", I confess.

"So, I am something special.", Leah says with a cheeky smile.

"You are alright.", I expression back, trying to annoy her, making her laugh.

"Wow, alright.", she answers played mad. "And I was just about to ask you if you are free March 29th to meet my parents, but if I am just alright.", she is really a master at acting, she should consider doing this after football.

I take her chin in between my fingers and peck her lips. "You are actually more than alright. You are special to me.", I say after the kiss.

"I hope so.", she chuckles and kisses me again. "So, are you free?"