First Date

Leah drags us to the Ferris wheel first. Ferris wheel great. I am not a fan of heights, but I will not tell Leah that. She looks so excited, like a little child on Christmas. I will survive this, somehow.

Leah buys two tickets for the Ferris wheel and soon after I find myself in a gondola. As the gondola lifts, I begin to shake and feel myself getting increasingly white.

Leah holds my hand but does not look at me. She admires the view and under normal circumstances I would too, you can almost see all of London from up here. It would been beautiful if there wasn't that uncomfortable feeling in my stomach.

"Uhm, Leah.", I mumble, and she turns around. She seems a bit startled by my appearance.

"Are you okay?", she asks immediately.

"Yeah, I, I am fine.", I stutter out but don't sound convincing at all.

"You are scared of heights, aren't you?", she says tilting her head to the side and I just nod.

"Why didn't you say anything?", she questions and moves closer to me, putting one arm around my waist. "Don't worry, I got you."

She is so sweet. I feel myself relaxing a tiny bit. I am still scared but her presence helps it. I survive the ride and feel very relieved when I have steady ground under my feet again.

"Are you okay?", Leah asks and puts one arm around my waist.

"I am now.", I breathe out. "Promise me, we will never do anything high related ever again.", I laugh.

"So, no rollercoaster, got it.", she says.

"Rollercoaster is fine.", I answer, and I speak the truth. Rollercoasters are actually fine with me.

"How is rollercoaster fine when you almost throw up on a Ferris wheel?", she asks, probably not believing me.

"I didn't almost throw up.", I protest. "I might feel dizzy up there, but I don't throw up. And I don't know but I never had a problem on a rollercoaster."

"That's weird."

"I know. So, what's next?", I ask.

"Whatever you like.", she says. I look around for a bit until something caught my attention.

"How about the haunted house?", I ask, leaving Leah nervous.

"Yeah, sure.", she stutters, and we walk over to the haunted house.

I buy us tickets and we take place in a wagon. The ride starts and we find ourselves in a dark tunnel with lots of fake spider webs. To be honest, the spiders' webs aren't for me, but I love haunted houses. Leah on the other hand seems to not enjoy it. My thesis is that she is scared and just acts cool for me. The theory is confirmed when the first jump scare happens and she lets out a scream, followed by covering her face with her hands in embarrassment.

"Are you scared?", I ask chuckling.

She rapidly shakes her head.

"Aww", I say and pull her closer to me. She dares to open her eyes again.

"Don't worry. I got you baby".

Baby? Did I just call her baby? Now my heart rate increases, and it has nothing to do with the haunted house. Leah seems to either didn't realise it or to not mind it. Good. I don't know if that was too fast.

Leah still jumps almost every time something scary happens, but I feel her being relaxed in my arms.

We get out the haunted house, Leah nonetheless looking a bit disturbed, and the first thing she does is hugging me tightly.

"Thanks baby.", she whispers into the hug, and I begin to grin.

She loosens the hug and grabs my hand.

"Hungry?", she asks smiling and drags me to a takeaway.

"Starving.", I answer.

We buy some drinks plus a pizza and sit down. We share the pizza and start eating.

"You know what I just realised?", Leah says grabbing a slice.

"What?", I question back.

"I don't know what your profession is.", she admits.

"What do you think?", now I am really curious.

"I have no idea.", she laughs.

"I give you a hint.", I say. "I work in an office."

"Wow, just like a thousand of jobs.", she says a bit bothered. "I have no idea, maybe something like an accountant?", she guesses.

"Good guess, but no. Okay, I will tell you. I work for the IT in a communication company."

"Wow, I would have never guessed that.", she admits.

"I am full of surprises.", I joke.

Leah and I finish our meal and begin to wander around a bit more. She does not let go of my hand for the entire time. Cute.

"Look there is a photo booth.", she says and points to the far right. "Want something to remember this day?", she asks but pulls me to the booth without even waiting for my answer.

"I doubt I will ever forget it.", I smile at her.

We go inside the booth and Leah inserts a few coins in it. The first photo we just smile, for the second one we make silly faces, for the third one Leah kisses my cheek until she really kisses me for the last one. The kiss lasts longer than for the photo to take and we eventually let go of each other when we are both short on air.

"I can't let this date end without kissing you, can I?", she whispers against my lips.

"So, you always kiss on first dates?", I decide to annoy her a bit.

"Only if it feels right.", she gives back.

"So, I feel right?", I ask and kiss her.

"You are the exception.", she mocks me. I slap her arm a bit. "Ow."

"I am the exception?", I look at her with question marks all over my face.

"I'm only kidding.", she clarifies and kisses me again. "Wanna go to the carousel?", she asks between kisses, and I nod.

"Then come on.", she says before giving me one more kiss and dragging me out of the photo booth.

"Wait Leah, the photos.", I say. I totally forgot about them, as much as I like her, she irritates me. I let go of her hand and get back to collect them. They look adorable.

"Look.", I say and hand them to Leah.

"They are so cute.", she says and smiles.

"They are. Almost as cute as we are.", I whisper the last part.

"Almost.", Leah whispers then leans down to kiss me, but I get back a bit, leaving her worried.

"What's wrong?", she asks.

"Leah, there are lots of people here.", I say. I don't know if it is okay for her that people see us kiss. Holding hands is one thing, friends can hold hands too, but kissing shows our status much clearer. Even though I do not know what our status is, but we decided to take things slow from now on, so I don't mind.

"I know. And I want to kiss you. If its okay for you.", she clarifies, and I lean in to kiss her. It is a short kiss but does not fail to make me feel all kinds of happiness.

"I don't care if people saw us, okay?", she says as she loosens our kiss and I nod in understanding. "Carousel next?", she asks and grabs me hand again.

"Sure.", I say.

We ride the carousel a few times, laugh like little kids and get candy floss afterwards. We play a few games to end the day. Leah wins me a little arsenal dino and I win her a little teddy bear. We walk home, hand in hand, tired but still happy. It was the best first date I could have asked for.