4

When his shift finished, Christian felt his stomach rumbling and decided to grab a bite at a diner a couple blocks from the coffee shop. As he opened the door and entered, he found Sean waiting to be seated.

"Hey." He greeted enthusiastically when he spotted him.

"Hey." Christian greeted bashfully.

Sean looked around. "I don't see Bryan, or any of your family members."

Christian huffed. "They don't need to be attached to me 24/7."

Sean smiled at him. "Of course." He cleared his throat. "Would you care to join me?"

Hearing his tummy growl, he smiled sheepishly. "Sure."

Twenty minutes later, Christian is beaming as he takes a big bite out of the cheese steak sandwich he ordered.

Sean watched in amusement before taking a whiff of the air and detecting Christian's scent. He began to feel his body temperature rising as he attempts to control himself.

"I was told that you loved food." Sean said.

Christian stared at him with sauce on his mouth. "That would be an understatement. If I really could pick a soul mate, it would be food." Sean cracked out laughing. "What? It's true." Christian puffed his cheeks out in annoyance for the second time that day.

"I'm sorry." Sean is trying to compose himself.

"Yeah. Yeah. Laugh it up." Christian said. "Anyways, what about you?"

Sean's laughter died down in an instant. "What about me?"

"Do you have a soul mate? Or is it secretly food too?"

Sean is rapping his fingers on the table not caring if women in the restaurant were checking him out. "No, it's not food." He answered. "It happens to be a person I care for very much. However, we too have broken up recently."

Christian bowed his head. "Sorry. I didn't mean to."

"It's fine." Sean assured before staring up at the ceiling. "It's been a few months now, and we are going about stuff separately."

"Oh." Christian managed to say.

Sean smiled at him. "No need to feel bad. It feels good to talk about it."

'You call this talking about it?' Christian was about to ask him when he heard his cell phone ring. "It's Jacob." He said before answering it. "Hello. Nothing. Just grabbing a quick snack." He pouted with what is said next. "And no one's jumped me on the street yet. And no, I still won't talk to Jason. If you talk to him, tell him that if he wants a piece of me, to come and apologize straight to my face." he hung up and stomped his foot angrily.

"I'm guessing your family is still trying to get you two back together." Sean guessed.

"Yup." Christian said. "Especially now that mating season is coming soon for me." he blushed after saying that. "Sorry. I didn't meant to say that aloud."

Sean smiled. "No need to be embarrassed. We're both adults. And just to let you know that I myself am going through mating season at the moment. Not at the height of it yet, but." Christian's face began heating up as his odor grew stronger making it harder for Sean to resist.

After eating their meal, "Thanks for having pre-dinner with me." Christian thanked Sean.

"It was no problem." Sean said. "It was fun hanging out with you."

Christian's eyes sparkled. "Thanks. Maybe we can hang out soon."

Sean couldn't help checking Christian out and feels himself growing fond of him. "I would like that very much."

They went separate ways after exchanging phone numbers, and Sean sprinted back home where he proceeded to strip naked and take a cold shower. "What is wrong with me?" he asked himself. "I shouldn't feel attracted to someone so soon after Briar and I broke up." Sean stood stock still in an attempt to calm down. "It's my first mating season without him, which is why I'm going crazy with smelling Christian's pheromones." he's trying to assure himself but images of the cute little red-head kept popping into his mind. And when he looked down at himself, he cursed.