15

After escaping his third run-in with Graham, Christian's standing against a tree on the street.

'He didn't hurt you on the subway, did he?' Harry texted him. "It was too crowded there to tell.'

'I'm fine." Christian texted back. 'And don't worry. You'll get him next time.'

'He sensed my presence. We'll have to amp up security.'

Christian frowned. 'If we do that, he'll definitely keep his distance.'

'You're safety is our top priority. Even if it takes longer to catch him, that's fine.'

"Harry." Christian felt moved.

The sound of a car horn caught Christian's attention. Looking up from his phone, a silver Hyundai Santa Cruz pulled over in front of him, and the window opened to reveal Jacob.

"Yo!" He greeted.

Christian walked over to the passenger side and hopped in. "Nice truck. But where did you get it?" Christian asked Jacob. "I thought you didn't drive often."

"Bryan lent it to me, since Jessie took the kids in the Jeep."

Christian's eyes widened. "Bryan? Where has he been keeping this baby hidden?" He yelped when Jacob took off without waiting for Christian to put his seatbelt on. "What's the big idea?"

"That's for taking the subway and scaring the crap out of us."

"What are the chances I will see the guy in a subway cart?" Christian crossed his arms and puffed his cheeks out.

"After this incident we aren't letting you go anywhere alone." Jacob vowed. "You're playing Russian roulette with this scumbag and we don't like it one bit."

"It's not like I'm doing it on purpose." Christian said.

"Regardless. We'll be damned if we lose you like this." Christian deflated as they headed back to the family manor.

When they pulled up twenty five minutes later and got out of the truck, "My baby!" Tracy embraced Christian tightly.

"I'm okay, mom. Thanks to Harry Potter and the Lord." His family cringed when he said the L word.

"What have we said about addressing religious things to us?" Calvin scolded.

"Hey." Christian whined. "I'll have you know I prayed and the psychopath let me go, so be grateful it helped."

"Good grief." Calvin said.

"You still call the guy Harry Potter?" Sarah asked.

"He was fine with it." Christian explained. "Now." He clapped his hands together. "What's for dinner?"

Christian groaned in pain when Roger put him in a headlock. "You almost died, and all you could think about is food?"

"I'm hungry." Christian cried tearfully. "Sorry my stomach has a mind of its own."

Calvin face-palmed himself. "I'll have Troy prepare some dishes. Let's wait in the den until dinner's ready." Everyone gathered around and escorted Christian inside the red-bricked mansion.

When they entered the den area, Jason was seated on one of the sofas. "What's he doing here?" Christian demanded.

"It's nice to see you too." Jason remarked.

"Don't look at us." Jacob put his hands up. "The hospital contacted him since he was your emergency contact."

"But you guys met me there."

"Hospital procedure bro. Nothing we can do about it. Just be glad we kept him at bay till now."

"You guys talked to each other?"

"Only cause the hospital told him we were there. So he called us."

"And why's he here?"

"Ask him yourself." Jacob said. "Although, it's pretty obvious."

Jason sighed before standing up. "Would you guys give us a moment?"

"Ooh." Ashley teased as the others dragged her out of the room with them.

When they were out of sight, "How much do you know?" Christian asked anxiously.

"More than enough." Jason answered. "Let me see it."

"See what?"

"What he did to you."

Christian clung to where his wound is located. "No need." He said to him. "It's been treated." He screamed in surprise when Jason grabbed a hold of him and started tugging at his shirt. "Jason." Jason brushed his hand aside and stretched Christian's shirt to where he found the bandage. Christian whined in pain when Jason ripped the band-aid clean off. "What's the big idea?!" Christian yelled as Jason frowned.

"When I get my hands on that bastard."

Christian blinked in surprise. "Come again?"

"How dare he lay a fang on you."

"It's not as bad as it seems. Anyways, why's it any of your business? We're not together anymore, so." Christian shrunk underneath Jason's intense stare.

"Regardless, he did this to you."

"It was just a tiny bit of blood."

"Don't lie to me."

"What?"

"The other night when I suspected you were drunk. That was right after you were attacked, right?"

"Maybe." Christian mumbled before Jason pulled him in closer. "What are you?" Jason locked lips with him. Christian's eyes widened in shock before pushing Jason away. "Jason." Jason attempted to pull Christian in for another kiss but Christian kept him at arm's length. "What's gotten into you?"

"I'm reclaiming what is mine."

"What?"

"Be mine again."

"Not until you apologize for acting like an ass when I changed my mind about pursuing anthropology."

"You're kidding."

"Does it look like I'm kidding?"

Jason didn't say a word and took a step back.

"That's what I thought." Christian said before walking out not noticing his family eavesdropping at the doorway.

"That didn't go well." Sarah said when they re-entered the den.

"I can't believe he's still hung up on that." Jason spoke. "Why do I need to apologize to him? I'm not the one who made a last minute decision to throw away four years worth of studying to work at a coffee shop."

"He wants you to respect and support his decisions. No matter what it is."

Jason pinched his nose in irritation. "Remind me why I love that stubborn idiot?"

"Because that stubborn idiot is your soulmate." Ashley answered Jason and earned more jabs from her siblings.

"What?"