10

Christian peeked out the bathroom door in time to see an intoxicated Ashley stumbling to the women's bathroom. "Hey little bro." she greeted and made her way over to him.

"Hey sis." he grunted when she hugged him tightly. "You reek."

"Be nice or I'll kiss you."

"Okay. We need to go."

"Why?"

"Number one, you're drunk. And number two, there's a killer vampire in the bar."

"What?"

"You know how I asked about supernatural blood earlier? Well, it's because this psychotic vampire tried sucking me dry last night." she stared at him making him sigh. "I'll explain later. Now." he tried to get her to stand. "You walk as tall as you can while I hide behind you, so he doesn't see me."

"It's too late for that." Christian looked up in dread as Graham stands before them.

"Hey there." Ashley greeted sloppy. "I met you. Just as you requested."

"What?" Christian squeaked in surprise making Graham chuckle.

"She's my next meal."

"Over my dead body." Christian spat at him, and before he could react Graham swiftly maneuvered his way over and has Ashley in a choke hold.

"Ashley!"

Graham extended his fangs out. "Silence."

Christian took a step forward. "Let her go."

"Or else what?" Graham taunted before taking a whiff of Ashley and grimaced in disgust. "Too much alcohol in her system."

That took Christian by surprise. "How could you say that? Besides, don't you make people drunk when you pretend to be a gracious host?"

"Wine is different. Even beer is tolerable." Graham hissed at him before running his finger over her shoulder and drawing blood with his nail.

"No!" Christian panicked before seeing Graham wipe the bit of blood off Ashley and licking it.

"Hard liquor."

"Tequila." Christian specified before shaking his head. "Anyways, let her go, you monster."

Graham cursed before smirking unpleasantly. "Only if you take her place."

"What?" Christian squeaked out.

"Take her place." Graham repeated. "And I shall spare her life."

"Someone's getting grabby." Ashley giggled in Graham's arms unaware of the danger she's in.

Christian's fists tightened into balls as he grits his teeth.

"Tick. Tick." Graham taunted some more.

"Fine." Christian mumbled.

"Come to me, slowly." Graham commanded. Christian trudged as slowly as he could as he kept his eye on his red headed sister.

"Now, on the count of three. One. Two. Three." Graham released Ashley and grabbed a hold of Christian. "I'll be enjoying this very much."

"What's going on over here?" Sean's voice interrupted them.

Christian and Graham glance at Sean. When the shock wore off, Christian punched Graham frantically so he could release him, and rushed to Ashley's side.

"This isn't over." he vowed before transforming into a dark brown bat and flying over their heads and rushed through the bar where they hear yelping and see a patron with his head ducked as the vampire bat escaped.

Sean rushed to Christian. "Are you alright?"

Christian is shaking as he's on the verge of crying. "Thank you."

"Let me call you're family." Sean took his cell phone out.

Sometime later, they met Christian's family out in the parking lot. "My babies!" Tracy rushed over to bear hug them.

"We're fine mom. Honest." Christian grunted as Ashley hums happily and returned the hug as the others joined them.

"What happened?" Sarah asked. "And what were you guys doing out here?" Christian squirmed his way out of his mom's grip before ranting incoherently.

"Whoa. Whoa. Slow down." Sarah said.

Christian took a deep breath to calm himself before answering them. "Ashley bumped into me at the supermarket. And then dragged me to a blood taste to try teaching me how to tell the difference between this blood and that blood. And then Ashley wanted to get a drink and then we were going to use the restroom and then this guy came out wanting our blood."

"You two were fortunate." Calvin stated. "There have been reports of a serial drainer in the city."

"Serial drainer?"

"It's a vampire that likes to drain the blood of everyone." Jessie explained. "Human and supernaturals alike." Jessie took her phone out. "Bryan's dad is a supernatural detective that's been trying to track him down. Maybe you guys can head to the station and explain everything to him." they hear snoring and see Ashley has conked out. "Okay. Maybe you can go."

"Me?" Christian asked dumbly before wincing in pain when he was whacked upside the head.

"Yes you." Roger spat at him. "If that bastard gets away because you chickened out."

Christian scowled at him. "I'm not chicken."

"Prove it then." Roger dared as they got into each other's faces before Jacob pulled them apart.

"Enough you two." he stared at Sean. "And you better talk to Bryan's dad as well, since you also got a glimpse of the guy."

Sean shrugged his shoulders. "I'm not sure how helpful I will be, but will do."