19

Christian is back in disguise when he exits the coffee shop and hears beeping from a vehicle. He spotted his family waiting for him in a rental van parked a couple blocks away.

"Bro!" Ashley peeked out and waved through the shot gun window.

Christian made his way over and the door slid open to allow access inside. "Is everyone coming?" He asked when he saw how packed the van was.

"Jessie's still out camping. And mom and dad weren't able to make it, so not everybody's here." Ashley explicated.

Christian made a face. "And him?" He pointed at Jason.

"I was invited, so deal with it." Jason answered with narrowed eyes.

"Let me guess." He said. "You're checking out an invisible competitor?"

"Why would be invisible?" Jason asked.

"Cause there is no competition!" Christian exclaimed, and his family blew raspberries. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"As much as we hate saying it; Sean is interested in you, so technically he is a love rival."

"You guys are nuts." Christian muttered.

He yelped when Roger grabbed a hold of him and yanked into the van as the others slide the door closed. Christian grunted when he was sandwiched in-between Roger and Jacob with Jason next to him as he transformed back to his usual self. "Is there any room for Harry Potter?"

"Harry Potter?" Jason questioned.

"My bodyguard."

"And he's got the same name as him?"

"That's what I called him, and he's cool with it."

"But why?"

"Because, he's invisible. Just like when Harry wears the cloak of invisibility. You can't see him, but he's there."

Jacob scoffed. "You need to lay off movies for a while."

"Never." Christian vowed.

"You can try reading the books instead of just watching them." Jason advised. "They are better and more detail oriented than the movies."

Christian's family stared at Jason. "You've read Harry Potter books?" Sarah asked Jason.

"Yep." Jason said. "It's a good break from all the science books I normally read."

"Can we get going?" Christian began to feel irritable.

"Ooh. Someone's dying to see a certain someone."

Christian gritted his teeth painfully when he felt Jason squishing him against his immediate younger brother as the van pulled out and drove down the street.

Thirty minutes later, the van pulled into a dirt road on the outskirts of town. "Are we going the right way?" Ashley asked Sarah, who is driving.

"Bryan gave me directions over the phone. And you know he would never lie to us."

Christian felt Jason's hand crushing his as they were getting closer. "Would you chill out?" He asked his ex in annoyance. "For the hundredth time, Sean and I are not seeing each other like that."

"You're not leaving my side." Jason spoke in a matter of fact tone.

"Like hell I'm letting you babysit me."

He winced when Jason's grip tightened even more. "Like hell I'm letting him touch you."

Christian puffed his cheeks out despite the pain. "Why are you doing this? It's not like we're back together."

"Date me again." Jason said.

"What?"

"Be my boyfriend again."

"Oh, now you want to go out with me."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Don't play dumb." Christian hissed at him. "You never tried to reconcile with me until you heard about Sean and the serial blood drainer."

"Give me more credit than that." Jason growled out. "Why do you think I've come over when the others invited me? I didn't have to, but I did just to see you."

Christian's eyes widened before looking down. "Even so, I'm not ready to date, period. Even if it's to return to you, I can't."

Jason gritted his teeth before clicking his tongue. "So be it." He released his hold on Christian in time for the van to arrive at their destination.

"We're here." Sarah announced meekly.

"Thank God." Christian breathed a sigh of relief before opening the door and heading out. Not caring if his siblings cringed with the 'G' word.