28

The Cruella DeVille car is cruising through the thick forest of the mountains. "No! No! No!" Christian shouted at the top of his lungs.

"Would you stop doing that?" Roger hissed in annoyance.

"Not my fault that the hotspot for the WiFi went in and out before giving out."

"Just look at the scenery for a while."

"But that's boring."

"Don't think I'm turning all the way back just so you can use your phone. And you'll explain to Jacob and John about why we picked them up so late."

"Fine." Christian sulked as he stared out the window. But a couple minutes later, "Can you turn on the radio at least?"

Roger gave Christian a murderous look. "Hell no. Troy has it set on the station he likes, and I am not going to incur his wrath if we change it."

"I'm flexible." Christian defended himself. "I'm sure whatever music is on, I can handle it." Rolling his eyes, Roger twisted the dial where a voice emanated from the dashboard. "Why is the guy asking and answering questions?" Christian asked his youngest sibling.

"It's the trivia channel." Roger answered.

"There's a trivia channel?"

"Mostly for the zombies." Roger explained. "I bet Jason has listened to it before."

"Why'd you have to bring him up?" Christian hissed out.

"What's the matter?" Roger asked. "Is your mate getting under your skin?"

"I never said he was my mate."

"Not what I heard yesterday."

"I said that I had a good idea of who my mate is."

"Whom is?" Christian avoided his gaze and mumbled incoherently. "That's what I thought." Roger stated.

"You don't even know whose name I said it was."

"If it wasn't Jason, then it shouldn't be hard to say the person's name, right?" There was a moment of silence. "You're not seriously considering Sean as your mate, are you? Cause I swear."

"It's not Sean." Christian hissed out. "And maybe it's a certain zombie that you happen to know."

"Then why are you playing hard to get? Go to him already."

"And have him have the last laugh? I don't think so." Roger rolled his eyes as they kept cruising down the road.

Thirty minutes passed before the vehicle pulled up to a massive building that resembles a country club out in the middle of nowhere. They parked next to the spare town car their father owns where John and Jacob exited upon their arrival.

"About time you two got here." Jacob said.

"Considering we're in the middle of nowhere, I'd say we made good timing." Roger retorted before handing Christian the car key to open the trunk and retrieve the tool box. He looked around the nearly empty parking lot. "I take it those tight wads were less than curtious."

"Very." John replied as Christian walked over to pop the hood of the town car. "Other than that, the meeting went well."

Jacob leaned against the Cruella DeVille car casually. "And I got to hang with the other chauffeurs, so it wasn't as boring as I thought."

Christian emerged with cables in his hands. "The battery is dead." He stated. "Let's see if we can jump-start this baby. And hopefully we can get it back to Troy to run a diagnostic to see if it'll need to be replaced or not."