7

Christian barged into the coffee shop and ran behind the over-sized counter to the break room where employees keep personal belongings in lockers.

"You're late." His boss said in the narrow walkway.

"I'm so sorry." Christian said back as he retrieved his uniform. "It won't happen again."

"Good. Cause I'd hate to lose one of my popular baristas. Now, clock in and get to work."

"Yes sir." Christian ran to the front to begin his shift. First, he aided in grinding coffee beans and pouring them into assigned bags to be ready to be scooped into a machine to be brewed. Afterwards, he took orders and created drinks for people. Now, he's running to Subway that's next door to get a much needed sandwich during his break.

"I'll have a foot-long Italian BMT on whole wheat, with provolone cheese, mustard, and all the veggies available." Christian ordered at the counter. After the food was made, Christian Grabbed a large soda and a raspberry cheesecake soft cookie before paying and leaving a tip. He took a seat at one of the tables and was about to take a bite when his cell phone rang.

"Hello."

"Hey Christian." Sarah's voice spoke. "I'm just checking up on you."

Christian blew a raspberry. "For the hundredth time, I'm fine."

"Are you sure about that?" Sarah asked. "Cause Jason mentioned you spent the night at his place."

"Nothing happened. He invited me to stay because he thought I was drinking. Which I was not. So, don't believe a word he says."

"If you say so, but I still say you wanted to see Jason. Whether it was intentional or not."

"If that's all. I have a date with an Italian BMT."

"I won't keep you two waiting then. Talk to you later."

"Later." He promised before hanging up and beaming when he took a bite.

When Christian returned to work, a crowd of girls were gathered inside the coffee shop. "Oh no." He mumbled as thoughts of Graham popped into his mind.

"Oh, Christian!" His boss spotted him and called him over.

"Christian?" A familiar voice said. Taking a closer look, Sean's the focus of attention.

"Hey." Christian greeted. "What brings you here?"

Sean smiled sheepishly. "I was picking up coffee for Brian and a few coworkers. What about you?"

"I work here." Christian answered bashfully.

Feeling heat rising in his body, Sean cleared his throat. "Well, I better let you return to your job before you get into trouble." His name was heard, and he retrieved his drinks. "I'll see you around."

Christian smiled and sparkled making the group of women 'awe' at him, and made Sean's heart skip a beat as he rushed out.

A few hours later, Christian's shift had come to an end. Luckily, no sign of Graham. He bid everyone a good day and headed out.

Rubbing his sore neck and feeling thirst kick in, Christian made his way to the supernatural market.

20 minutes later, "B positive. O negative. AB positive." Christian read the different labels on glass bottles containing blood. "What's the deal?" He asked aloud. "Blood's just blood, right?"

"Oh, Christian!" He looked to the side to see Ashley sparkling as she made her way over to him.

"Hey sis." He greeted before wincing when she got a hold of his face.

"Is this any way to greet your favorite sister?" He's mumbling incoherently as she pinches his face harshly.  Ashley loosened her grip when she spotted the red bottles. "What are you doing?"

"Buying blood."

"Bro, you wound me." Ashley said. "Those are cheap brands that Roger and Jacob purchase on occasion."

"So?"

"So? So? You've been misguided little brother of mine." Ashley wrapped her arm around Christian. "Follow me, and I'll show you where the good stuff is." She escorted him to where potions and brews are displayed, and pulled out a fancy dark red bottle from the far right corner. "A couple of these shall send your taste buds on the ride of their lives."

Christian put his palms out. "Thanks, but I'm okay with the cheaper brand. Besides, all blood tastes the same to me."

Ashley gawked at him. "Not you too."

"What do you mean?"

"You do realize that only John, Sarah and I, are the only ones with a sophisticated blood pallet, right?"

"Yeah, so?" Christian asked.

"I refuse to let your vampire taste go to waste." She grabbed Christian's wrist. "Let's go."

"Go where?"

"To a taste outing."

Christian put his heels down in an attempt to stay put. "I don't need to go on a taste outing."

"Like hell you don't." Ashley spoke as she continued dragging Christian out of the store where his groceries are forgotten.