13

The sound of an alarm interrupted Christian's deep rest. He groggily patted where his cell phone was, and turned it off. "Five more minutes." He mumbled as he snuggled underneath the grey comforter. The light to the room illuminated and stopped him from drifting back to sleep.

"Breakfast is being served." Troy announced to Christian. "Now, if you could get your lazy bum up so I can wash the sheets." Christian grumbled tiredly before being thrown off the bed as Troy pulled the bedding off.

When Christian picked himself off the floor, he dragged through the hall to the nearest bathroom to get ready for the day. Thirty minutes later, he climbed down the stairs and headed to the dining area where all his family except for Jessie, Bryan and the kids, had already made themselves comfortable and were devouring the food.

"Morning guys." Christian greeted them.

"Morning bro!" Roger screamed at the top of his lungs making Ashley grimace in pain with her Gucci sunglasses covering her eyes.

"How're you feeling?" Christian asked as he took a seat next to his hungover sister.

"Like my head's going to explode." She answered him.

"That's what you get for partying at a bar." Jacob reprimanded.

"Yeah. Yeah." Ashley mumbled as she took a sip of her Expresso and clung to the little cup as if it were a life line.

"Has the undercover agent arrived yet?" Christian asked as he grabbed what leftovers he could grab.

"He arrived a little before you awakened." His father answered.

Christian looked up with wide eyes. "Why didn't you guys wake me up and tell me?" He looked around frantically. "Where is he?"

His family chuckled. "Bryan's dad hooked you up." Sarah said. "He called in a wizard that can take any form of camouflage in addition to following you."

"I was given Harry Potter?" Christian couldn't help saying making them groan.

"No, it's not some character from the movies you watched."

Christian narrowed his eyes. "Hey. Those movies are great. Besides, I wouldn't mind Harry Potter keeping an eye on me as long as he keeps me safe."

His mom smiled. "No need to worry, honey. He'll take real good care of you. Just do what you normally do and don't worry about food and such. He's got it covered."

"How?"

"He eats magical unicorns." Jacob remarked sarcastically. "Now, let's get you to work."

Christian blustered as he collected bacon strips before following his siblings out the door and getting into the blue Lexus NX 300 H that Sarah owns. "Is everyone buckled in?" She asked everyone earning grumbles.

"Wait a minute." They looked at Christian. "Where's Harry Potter going to sit?" He winced when Roger whacked him from behind.

"Don't worry about it. Now, go." Roger hissed out.

Sarah gave Roger a look before turning the ignition on, putting it on drive, and heading out.

They made it to the coffee shop in ample time with the traffic flowing smoothly.

"Thank heavens there's barely any cars out." Sarah mentioned as she's pulling to the side of the street to park.

"There's no schooling." John rasped out.

"You feeling better?" Sarah asked John.

"A little." John replied from the back seat. "However, this is the most pesky cold I've had this far in my life."

"You want some tea?" Christian asked John. "My boss allows us one free small drink a day."

"Thank you for the offer, but I'll pass."

Christian deflated. "Okay." He winced when Roger slapped him upside the head a second time.

"Don't make that face." He hissed at him. "Or else you'll make John feel guilty. And then he'll ask for the damn drink."

Christian gave his baby brother the stink eye. "If he doesn't like it, then he could just turn his head to the side. And don't say I never offered." He unbuckled himself and opened the car door. "I'm out of here."

"One of us will pick you up after work." Sarah called out to him.

"No, thank you." Christian said. "I'll take my chances walking or taking the Subway. Come on Harry."

"Christian!" Sarah yelled at his retreating form.

"Leave him be." Jacob said.

"But." Sarah started.

"You heard the little twerp." Roger chimed in. "Besides, he's not totally alone."

Sarah frowned making the others do the same. "We'll contact him throughout his shift." John spoke. "And perhaps he'll change his mind."

"I hope so." Sarah mumbled before putting the signal on and driving onto the street to return to the manor to drop everyone else off before heading to work herself.