21

Christian's stomach began rumbling. Sean heard it, and chuckled fondly. "You weren't kidding when you said you're always hungry."

Christian felt his face heating up before yelping when Jacob ruffled his hair harshly. "What was that for?"

"Are you trying to get yourself into trouble?" Jacob muttered sternly into his ear.

Christian blustered as Sean cleared his throat. "Anyways, I know where to get the best food around here. Shall we grab a quick bite?"

Christian's eyes glimmered before Roger grabbed him and gave him a harsh noogie. "Mercy! Mercy!" His cries attracted attention from the crowd.

Fifteen minutes later, everyone took a seat at one of the picnic tables set by the food area. "You guys are going to love Jasper's cooking. He serves a killer BBQ." Sean stated.

Christian's family took a bite of their food and sighed contently before digging in. After Christian blew the hot food on his fork, he opened his mouth to take a bite when someone snatched it before chomping onto nothing. "Huh?" Christian stabbed into another piece of meat, opened wide, and it was snatched before he could chomp down. "What the heck?" Hearing someone chewing loudly he looked to the side to see Briar's the culprit. "Hey, that was mine." Everyone stared up with his whining.

"Not anymore." Briar said before pushing Christian aside as he munches on his food.

"Briar." Sean reprimanded.

"Get your own food! I got that fair and square!" Christian yelled before lunging to get his food back when Briar grabbed him by the face to keep him from doing so.

"Tough." Briar casually said.

Christian removed Briar's hand before pointing straight ahead. "OMG, it's Sean's Granny." Everyone looked including Sean's ex.

"There's no sign of that witch, and hey!" Briar yelled out as Christian ran off with his meal in his hands. "Get back here!" Briar chased after Christian as he munches and runs at the same time.

"Should we do something?" Sarah asked everyone at the table.

"I'm torn between stopping them or laughing." Sean admitted.

"What about you?" Sarah asked Jason.

"Why should I care? You heard him earlier."

"Come on Jason. I'm sure Christian didn't mean it."

"You know how that bone head is when he's in a heated argument." Jacob added.

That caught Sean's attention. "What kind of argument did you two have?" Jason glared daggers at him. "Okay then."

When Christian took his last bite, Briar tackled him to the ground. "What's your problem?"

"You're my problem."

"Me?"

"Yes, you!"

"Why me?!"

"Don't play dumb!" Briar hissed at him. "I know what you're trying to do!"

"Do what?!"

"Steal Sean away from me!"

"What?!"

"You heard what I said!" Briar began wrestling with Christian.

"Get off of me!"

"Not until I strangle you!"

During the scuffle, Christian spotted a familiar grey haired lady. "Sean's Granny!"

"Like I'm falling for that again." Briar hissed in pain when someone pulled him by the left ear. Christian shook like a leaf as Sean's Granny narrowed her eyes at him.

"Sean!" Sean, Jason, and Christian's siblings rushed out in time to see Sean's Granny holding both Christian and Briar by the ear as they whine and squirm in the elderly woman's grasp. "Mind telling me why your mate is fighting with this half-breed and disturbing everyone."

"He started it!"

"Me?! You're the one trying to steal my food and went after me!"

Granny pulled harder. "Enough!" She stared at Sean. "And what do you have to say for yourself? You're supposed to be responsible for both of them."

Briar huffed. "Yeah right. We're not together anymore, so I don't need him watching over me."

"Why does that sound familiar?" Jason mumbled.

Briar grimaced in pain when it looked like Granny could rip his ear off any moment. "As much as I don't approve of you. You are still the heir's mate, so act accordingly."

"I was acting accordingly until this sad sack of suds showed up."

"What's sad, is the fact that this mongrel is acting more like an omega than you ever will." Granny told Briar.

"Excuse me?" Briar said to her. "I'll have you know that I am more omega than this red turd."

"Red turd? If anyone's a turd around here, that'll be you." Christian spat at Briar. "A big steaming pile of you."

"Who are you calling a big steaming pile?"

"You heard me."

Briar growled at Christian. "That's it. Let me at him." He thrashed around trying to get his hands on Christian while Christian avoids Briar's reach.

Granny twirled around making them bump heads. "Alright you two. Let's settle this dispute through omega activities. Meet at the crafts table in thirty minutes."

Sean stood forward. "Gram." She put her hand out to silence him.

"If your mate insists that he can outdo this outsider, why deny him the chance to "prove" himself." She stared at the two rubbing their sore noggins. "Don't make me wait." Granny threatened before walking away.

Briar got up and pointed at Christian. "You're going down." He vowed before stomping away.

"Briar. Briar!" Sean called out in vain before turning his attention on Christian. "Are you alright?"

"Depends." Christian said. "Do I still have my ear?" Sean sniggered a bit. "Don't laugh." That's when the others came to check on him.

"You two were made for each other." Jason told Christian.

"Shut it." Christian gritted at him.

"I'm sorry about Briar." Sean said. "I don't know what's gotten into him."

Jacob patted Sean on the shoulder. "I'd take it as a compliment. It's obvious he's still hung up on you."

"You think so?"

"Oh yeah."

Sean looked where his ex went before glancing at Christian.

"Why are you smiling?" Christian asked Jason.

"The thought of you having to do crafts is hilarious." Jason answered him.

Christian gave his ex the stink eye. "You're a horrible little man."

"Telling me off isn't going to improve your crafts skills."

Christian's frown deepened. "Shut it." He repeated to Jason.