5

Christian hummed happily as he walked down the street with a doggy-bag in his hands. "I get to eat dessert for dinner. Dessert for dinner." He's happily singing before rounding the corner and bumped into someone. "Pardon me."

"Should I pardon you?" a familiar voice asked him.

Christian looked up to see it was the patron in black that he bumped into. "Um, hello." He greeted awkwardly.

"We meet again." he repeated his greeting from the coffee shop earlier.

"Small world, huh?" Christian said before cautiously circling around him. "Well, I'll see you the next time you order black coffee." He bristled when the patron grabbed a hold of his shirt to keep him from leaving.

"I don't care for the tone you used when you said 'black coffee'." He told him.

"I didn't have a tone." Christian defended. "Ever since we first met, you've had a problem with me, and if I did something to rub you the wrong way, I'm sorry."

"You did offend me." the patron commented. "By being a simpleton."

Christian scowled at the fare-skinned man.

"Excuse me."

"You heard me."

"Then why did you come back to the coffee shop if you don't like the way I am?" Christian inquired in aggravation. "And for the record, I'd rather be a simpleton than a jackass. So, either deal with it, or get your disgusting cup of coffee someplace else."

The patron opened his mouth when they heard onlookers mumbling at the scene before dragging a flapping Christian down the street. "Help!" Christian called out to the people watching.

"Stop acting childish!" the patron hissed at him before staring at the witnesses they've attracted. "Forgive the ruckus." He apologized. "Babysitting. You know how it is."

"Babysitting!? I am an adult, you know!"

"Keep telling yourself that." he said before excusing himself as he took Christian with him to the next street where a couple of Samaritans followed closely, but saw they have disappeared after turning into an alleyway.

As they looked around dumbfounded, Christian stared agape at the bar that is located inside the wall of the building to the right of the alley.

"I take it you haven't come here before." The patron guessed.

"How did we walk right through that brick wall? Are we ghosts?"

The brunette in black's lips twitched upwards ever so slightly. "I assure you we aren't ghosts." He said. This is a secret tavern that VIP supernatural beings are allowed to enter through a portal conjured up by the owner of this establishment."

"Wait, you're supernatural?"

"Vampire." He answered as Christian scanned the dimly lit room to see creatures of all size and color drinking and conversing at tables and bar stools made of dark brown wood upholstered in velvet red material as music plays in the background and drinks are being served.

A hostess dressed sensually with green complected skin smiled when she approached them. "Graham. It's been a while since we've seen you here."

"Business has kept me busy."

Her dark eyes spotted Christian. "And who's this cutie that's with you?"

"An acquaintance that I've invited over for dinner."

Christian didn't like the way Graham pronounced 'dinner'. He stiffened when the lady looked him over. "Odd. Your other acquaintances are more, what's the word I'm looking for? Refined."