Jeongcheol 1

"What was the name again?"

Choi Seungcheol, a police officer by profession, almost yelled in disbelief when his friend on the phone told him to bring a book from a library.

A book named, 'That's what I am looking for'

The name was strange but what was more strange was the fact that some people really read a book named like that. Well, what was he even supposed to say to librarian? That he was looking for a book that says 'That's what I am looking for'?

For real?

The conversation he would be holding with the librarian regarding a strangely named book was going to be utterly embarrassing in his opinion. Though Minghao promised him that there was nothing strange with the book name and he has wittnessed a plenty of book with more weirder names was not unfavouring his guts  at all.

What can he even say in that? He wasn't a reader so obviously he was not very familiar with books and their names. In all of the books Seungcheol had ever seen, this one had the weirdest name. Who the fuck writes a book name like that? He was in dismay when Minghao asked him to bring it for him from the library.

Seungcheol couldn't deny even when he wanted to. Just like that, huffing in annoyance and sulking while thinking the possible conversations he could be holding with the librarian made him want to dig his own grave and hide in there.

He reminded himself. This was going to be embarrassing so he needed to brace himself for everything that was coming ahead. He was also lowkey thankful for the fact that he wasn't wearing his uniform at the moment, atleast people wouldn't think a police officer would be reading a book he knew nothing of inside beside the name.

It could be a twenty one plus shit, who knows? Though he was sure Minghao would not send him to bring a book as  scandalous as that but really, God knows again. All of Minghao's books consist of love stories than the philosophical one, Seungcheol was sure that Minghao may have grown by the age but by behaviour and choices, he was still a teenage girl in puberty. He could be reading smut with straight face while having breakfast together with everyone, there was no doubt in that.

Not like Seungcheol doesn't know the extent of scariness a reader can go through when it comes to a book.

After parking his car nearby, he entered inside the library. The place was silent as hell and Seungcheol couldn't help but think this was how a working place should be.

Silent, unlike his where Mingyu and Chan fight like cat and dog while he have to seperate them every now and then. Not to mention when Mingyu is away from Chan, he somehow manages to piss of Soonyoung or more like Soonyoung manages to piss off Mingyu just because he can.

He was sure they were recruited on the basis of who can be more loud and there was no doubt why Soonyoung was recruited first.

Coming out of his thoughts of misery, Seungcheol found himself lagging between two options. It was either he finds the book himself which would really be less embaressing or ask someone which definitely his introverted ass could never be able to shake off if it went wrong.

And after calculating whole profit and loss of both options, Seungcheol went for the first one. He knew the book  just came into market so it should be on the stocks of 'just arrived'. He went through the section, picked up plenty of books and read their name, and eventually ended up keeping all those back.

None of them had the weird book he was looking for.

Now the last option was in front of him, that was to ask someone. He gathered all his courage and walked towards the counter, clearing his throat just to grab the librarian's attention.

It was a woman in her mid fifties. like how people normally define librarians like her, she had a glass on the bridge of her nose and right now she was reading her book. It was stereotypical but amazingly true which almost made Seungcheol wonder if all librarians looked as scary as her.

But when she raised her brows, mainly to indicate Seungcheol to speak, the man summoned his all courage to begin, "I want a book named 'That's what I am looking for'."

Now the stares given to him was the type of embarrassment Seungcheol was talking about earlier.

But the man was thankful the woman didn't ask further about the book, instead she just shook her head, "You are late mister. The book is already sold out."

"Sold out?" Seungcheol was about to bang his head on the same table he was keeping his hands on, "How come? I was told it just arrived today?"

"And your point is?"

The woman stared at him with the same blank expression and suddenly Seungcheol realised why Minghao was dieing to have the book. He must have known this for sure.

And now he was a dead meat since Minghao would kill him the moment he knew about his failure of getting a single book for him. He was so dead for it.

Seungcheol did a last attempt, "But most of the time libraries have a copy for themselves they don't sell. Can't you just give me that? Please? Pretty please?"

Seungcheol was very well aware of his puppy eyes which somehow has soften the rigid stares of the woman in front. A grown man using his charms, Minghao was so damned for this!

"The last copy also sold out unfortunately pretty boy."

Seungcheol sighed in disappointment. For the first time in a while, the cutesy he could show was of no use. He was about to turn back, pouting and sulking when the woman stopped him, making him look at her.

"Are you watching that young man?"
She pointed her finger towards the man sitting in the corner of the library, a book covering his face as he was immersed in reading, "He is reading the same book you are looking for. But he said he will be taking it so if you can convince him into giving that book to you..."

A wide smile of hope flattered onto Seungcheol's lips. He briefly thanked the old lady, turning back to walk into the direction of stranger with nothing to lose.

He could give it a try. He was already with nothing, a try to ask for the book won't kill him anyway.