Jeongcheol 10

"If it wasn't for you, i would have been dead that day." Jeonghan confessed, remembering his stupid act of going onto ferries wheel after knowing well he was afraid of it.

It was almost evening by then, the sun was all ready to set down while Seungcheol looked at him, smiling, "You told me your name, i should be one feeling thankful for that, no?"

He was being sarcastic again but Jeonghan didn't had any urge to fight him off. He instead asked something he was wondering, "Did you really used my name? Like you told someone about it?"

Seungcheol shook his head, taking a deep breath as he continued, "I didn't felt like doing so."

"Why?"

"Don't know. Maybe I thought this secret should go in grave with me?"

They didn't spoke anything after but they also couldn't hide the smile flattering on their faces. Jeonghan knew Seungcheol was damned for saying that. His boldness was driving him crazy.

He immediately changed the subject, "Thanks for the gift by the way."

Seungcheol shook his head, "No need to, specially when you bought dozen of them for me. This is nothing in comparison to those you used to send in my office you know?"

"Don't lie, you said you threw everything of them!"

Jeonghan was agitated, not until when Seungcheol all of sudden confessed, "I couldn't. Infact I told everyone in the office that I did, but I have your every sent letter, every gift and every sent flower, still with me. I couldn't really gather up the courage to throw them away but my ego also couldn't accept the fact that I still have them."

Jeonghan was surprised, "You have them?"

"I do."

The shining Jeonghan's eyes made Seungcheol wonder if he really did something very big as to winning over a country. He genuinely seemed surprised by that and suddenly, Seungcheol remembered the time he used to recieve flowers and letter from his mysterious lover. When whole department used to talk about who could it be who sends Seungcheol roses every Saturday along with letters and sometimes, on some special occasions, gifts too.

The whole department wondered who really could be Yoon Jeonghan but Seungcheol knew who it was.

================================

Seungcheol entered inside the police station, all prim and proper just like always. Everyone who came in his way, higher or smaller in post by him, was greeted indifferently but something was strange in there.

They all kept looking at him like he had hid a body in his basement and now it's rotting smell was going to their nose.

In summary, when Mingyu stopped him in middle of his track, he knew there was something really wrong.

"Are you dating someone?" It was the very first question Mingyu asked, no formalities and no rounding of words. Seungcheol though was surprised, he still replied, "No, why do you even ask that?"

It was Soonyoung who came out from back of Mingyu, his hands holding a small bouquet of flower, mainly roses, and a letter on the top of it, "Then explain this?"

Seungcheol's brows frowned in confusion. He took that letter and when Soonyoung was just left with the bouquet, he handed that to Seungcheol too, showing how salty he was to it, "I thought we were friends Hyung. You could have told me that you were dating. Not like it's something to hide anyway."

"But I am not dating!"

"Then why is there your name written on the letter?! That too with a heart?!"

The whole police station was now looking at Seungcheol with all curiousness when he realised indeed his name was written on the letter. But how?