Jeongcheol 5

"Calling me at seven in morning? Are you crazy?"

Seungcheol whined when Jeonghan opened the car door and sat on the front seat beside him. He was smiling, almost as if he was really happy to see Seungcheol at this early morning.

And it was a fact that he was happy to see him again.

When Seungcheol attempted to whine again, Jeonghan chuckled, "Don't whine. You came by yourself, don't blame me for that."

"Really?" Seungcheol was in disbelief. "You called me in early morning! How am I the problem in this?"

"You could have said no yesterday."

Seungcheol felt defeated the moment Jeonghan gave him a look of 'sounds like your problem' to him. He sighed, asking a question again, "Why this early though?"

Jeonghan was checking the bag he bought as he replied, "I wanted to spend time with you, got any problem?"

When Seungcheol didn't reply to that, Jeonghan kept his bag on the back seat just to look at him in front. By the time Jeonghan did, there was Seungcheol holding a box for him.

When Jeonghan raised his brows at the box, Seungcheol cleared his throat before speaking, "For you. Happy birthday."

After few seconds of comprehending, Jeonghan's face flashed with a big smile before he took the box from him and threw himself on Seungcheol. Unlike always, Seungcheol didn't pushed him away, instead his one hand went towards Jeonghan's hair, caressing it softly when Jeonghan spoke, "Thank you! Thank you so much!"

Seungcheol scoffed in disbelief, "You didn't even open it, why are you thanking me without even looking at it? You may not like it you know?"

Jeonghan hugged him more tightly, "It's not everyday anyone bring gift for me Seungcheol. Fuck it i don't even remember the last time anyone even bought something for me."

"Alright, alright!" Seungcheol slightly pushed Jeonghan away from him because he knew if he didn't, Jeonghan will cling onto him for whole day. He made Jeonghan look back at the box in his hand, "Open it, will you? And tell me if you like it or not. I'll get it changed if you don't so no need to keep it if you don't like it."

Seungcheol was blabbering his side of story of about how Jeonghan could get it exchanged or they could go together to exchange it but when Jeonghan opened the box, a silver bracelet with tiny little shiny flower like structures falling down from it came into his view.

Jeonghan looked over Seungcheol, speaking nothing. His rigid expression made Seungcheol swallow whatever he was about to say just to get extremely defensive of himself, "It's okay if you don't like it. You don't have to like it you know. I wasn't lieing when I said I can get it changed and-"

"It's beautiful!!" Jeonghan exclaimed, all ready to throw himself on Seungcheol again but the man immediately blocked him while holding him by his shoulders, asking with surprise, "You do?"

Jeonghan nodded, smiling widely before putting the bracelet on his wrist. The small silver flowers hung down by his wrist when he made Seungcheol look at them, exclaiming, "It's so lovely man! Where did you even get something like that?"

The way Jeonghan was so giggly while looking at the small item on his wrist, it made Seungcheol ask a question out of sheer curiousity, "How come you are like this?"

"Like what?" Jeonghan was still smiling while looking at the bracelet when Seungcheol asked again, "I can't understand if this is your real personality or the one I was introduced with in my office, about ten years ago."

Jeonghan didn't seem fazed by the question. He infact looked over Seungcheol with the same honesty he always used to look at, even back then, "You know it Seungcheol. you just said you know me more than i could even think and this is definitely not something mysterious to you. You are just reluctant to accept it."

Seungcheol scoffed, accepting the fact that he was annoyed by the way Jeonghan was so true, "You are same as the day I met you for the first time."

"You remember?" Jeonghan's attention was diverted towards Seungcheol from the bracelet in his hands, "I was cool back then, wasn't i?"

"Yes, and an asshole too."

Jeonghan slapped his arms slightly, "You were the one who took over my car when I was coming back after-"

"After successfully shooting South Korea's president. Sounds like my fault doesn't it?"

Seungcheol was sarcastic about it, in a way that made Jeonghan remember the first time they both met. Back then, when Jeonghan was crazy over killing people while Seungcheol was crazy over saving them. Two people, on different pages, different morals, suddenly were kept in front of eachother.

And when two opposite poles are kept in front of eachother, everyone knows what happens to them.

================================

"Joshua, where are you? I am out of the building with Seungkwan and Jihoon, currently driving to base camp."

The device placed in the car spoke, more like Joshua from other side of the call responded to Jeonghan who was currently driving so swiftly, "I already got out. Seokmin is with me so see you in the base camp."

Jeonghan nodded before cutting the call and focusing his everything on the road. He was sure he'd get out, he believed himself too much for getting caught with the speed he was driving.

But suddenly, all Jeonghan saw was a car taking over him, in double speed than his own one. And all he could get at the very next second was someone stopping his car in middle of the road, precisely blocking his path so suddenly that even Jeonghan had to pull the brakes, for the sake of the two younger sitting behind on the passanger seats.

As always, his first reaction was to check over them, "Are you okay?"

Though the sudden work of brakes had shaken their whole intestine, they still nodded, not looking at Jeonghan but looking outside from the glass of the car door.

Jihoon sighed the next moment, "Looks like our well wishers were here before us."

And all of sudden, all Jeonghan could hear was the glass beside his seat being knocked, the person outside calling them for getting out.

Jeonghan looked back at his younger ones again, "Looks like your babysitter is here."

They knew there was no chance of running off, not when they were surrounded by bunch of cars of no one other than the police themselves.

But what was more surprising was the fact that if it wasn't for the single man who took over them, they wouldn't have been caught. It made Jeonghan wonder who the fuck can be so stubborn to follow him to here?

Like the guts!