Cha. 1 🟢

Third person - Yuki

Yuki finished the race in an admirable 8th place for Alphatauri. He leaves the paddock feeling good as he makes his way to the hotel.

Once back at his hotel, Yuki make his way though to reception and to the elevators, pressing the 8th floor button. After the elevator ride, Yuki scans his room key, for room 22, onto the pad next to the door and walks into his room. Once he's inside and closes the door, he slips his shoes off and leaves them by the door. He falls into a chair as he sighs softly, looking up tiredly at the ceiling. He thinks about the race and the points he scored. He still feels he could have done better for the team and thinks of all the mistakes he had made. He takes a deep breath, letting out a sigh before lying down on the bed.

Moving off the chair and onto the bed, Yuki closes his eyes. Images of the race flash through his mind. He sighs as the memories come rushing back to him. He thinks about the incident with Lewis, and how he had ended up in the gravel. Yuki's breath catches at the memory, and he can't help but groan as his head falls back onto his pillow.

Yuki lies there, unable to shake the vivid memories of the race. The image of the gravel remains ingrained into his mind. He grits his teeth as he turns on his side, tossing and turning, unable to sleep despite the exhausting race and media duties he just had.

As much as the incident with Lewis kept flashing in his mind, another one was more prominent. Yuki wishes he could just forget it, and once again, his mind floods with the memory of him almost crashing, this time it's not into Lewis, it's Pierre. His heart pumps with fear as he thinks of how close he had come to causing a collision. He rolls onto his back and stares at the ceiling, replaying the incident over and over again in his head. His eyes fill with tears, and Yuki lets out a sigh of bitterness.

Yuki can't help but imagine what it would feel like if he had crashed into Pierre. He thinks about how much he likes the French man, but Pierre is too oblivious to notice. His eyes fill with tears as he thinks of the feelings of guilt and pain that would overtake him if he had been responsible for his crash. He rolls onto his side again, his eyes closed as this thought continues to consume him.

Pulling him out of his thoughts, comes a knock on his door. Not knowing who would be knocking on his door at such a time, he opens his door and takes a second to process who's standing before him. Looking up, he notices it's Pierre who was needing to talk to him. At this Yuki can't help but let a small soft smile spread across his face.

"What's up Pierre?" Yuki asks, curiosity evident in his tone of voice.

"Well... I just came by to see if you wanted to go for a late night, post race cool off swim. But by the looks of it, you have other plans," Pierre laughs, motioning to Yukis sleepy appearance.

"No, no, it's fine, the pool water will wake me up, besides I need a distraction after the race."

"Okay, well, meet me at the pool in 5. Bye Yuki!" Pierre says whilst walking away.

Yuki could have sworn that he quickly saw Pierre look him up and down before he turned his back to him. In the end Yuki chucks it up to his imagination playing games on him. Walking away from his hotel room door, Yuki rushes to get ready, not waiting to leave Pierre waiting too long.

Once changed and on his way to the pool, he can't help but think of Pierre. Shirtless, wet hair, water running done his body, the grooves of his abs... he quickly shakes his head, getting rid of the thought of Pierre.

Shortly after, the elevator reaches the floor the pool is on. After stepping out, Yuki walks down the short hallway, up to two push glass doors that lead to the pool area. Pushing them open, the smell of chlorine immediately hits him. Although the shock of the smell is short-lived, as he sees Pierre lying on a deck chair on his phone with his towel lying over the top, waiting for him.

When walking up to Pierre, a small soft smile finds its way across Yuki face.

"Hey," he says, alerting the other he's here.

"Oh hey! Didn't notice you come in," Pierre comments, a small smile also appearing on his face too "ready to go in?"

"Yeah sure, just let me put my stuff down," replies Yuki, who places his stuff on the next chair closest to Pierre own.

Once placing his stuff down, Yuki takes off his shoes and shirt as to avoid getting anything that doesn't need to be wet, wet. In doing this, in the corner of his eye, he see the taller of the two doing the same. His heart skips a beat as he's steals a glimpse of him. Admiring how beautiful the man opposite him is.

"Want to get in?" Asks Pierre with a bright smile "I'll race you?" He proposes.

"Maybe not..." Yuki says, being the voice of reason. "It looks pretty wet around the edges of the pool, last thing either one of us need is something to stop us from racing next week,"

"You do make a good point Yuki, wouldn't want to miss the last race of the year, I do love Abu Dabi..." agrees Pierre out loud.

With that they both walk over to the stairs of the pool. Going down one step at a time, letting their body get used to the cold feeling after each step down they go. And thought the water is cold, it isn't exactly freezing at the same time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1013 Words,
Thoughts?

I feel like I dragged the second half of this chapter on a bit, I aim to reach 1K words per chapter.

Would you also like it if I named the chapters? I'll still number them, but would you like them to also have names? Or for the name to be whos POV it is?

Ideas are welcome, please let me know, I can't promise anything though as I have a rough idea of how I want this book to go and I have cha. 2 already halfway written.

Anyways, enjoy my lovelies!
~🏎️💨