Cha. 17

POV: First Person; Pierre

"Alright, so, the lights are set up, foods ready, tables set, but I still feel like I'm missing something," I list off out loud.

"Alright mate, we're all good here," Charles tells Max as they add the last few minor touches.

Charles finally convinced me to tell Yuki how I feel. They even offered to help me set up something romantic, and lucky I had been thinking about this for a while now so it was easy really.

It was a picnic table with a red and white checkered table cloth draped over the it; on top of this was two set of plates and cutlery. The middle of the table held a vase of daisies, red roses and pink tulips.

Above us would be a set of fairy lights, as this would be our only source of light for the evening die to the time I wanted this to take place.

It was going to take place during the sunset and go into the night so that we could start gaze in the sand with the sound of waves. Oh, and we were on a beach.

"So, what times is he getting here?" Mad asked, holding Charles into his side so tight that he couldn't move, not that he would want to.

"Hm? Who? Oh, OH SHIT, I FORGOT TO ASK IF YUKIS FREE!"

I could hear them laughing as I walked off to call Yuki. Hopefully he wasn't already busy or asleep already.

The first ring. I mean, it normal for people not to pick up on the first ring, nothing to be worried about.

The second ring. Weird he hadn't picked up yet, normally he does.

The third ring. Still nothing, if he hadn't picked up by now that ment he wasn't going to pick up, but I still had hope.

The fourth ring. That last one. It was half way though the ring when it stoped.

"Hello? Pierre?"

He sounded a little out of breath and stressed.

"Hey Yuki! Are you okay? You sound out of breath."

"Huh? Oh yeah, I was having a shower when you called. My phones on the other side of the bathroom and it's extremely steamy in here."

"Oh, so I'll take it your busy then?" I knew Yuki, he always took showers before going out.

Well, it was either that or he was going to sleep. Either way, it ment that he wasn't coming.

"I'm about to meet up with some of the other drivers and play bored games."

"Sounds nice," I could really force myself to sound excited, I was just mad at myself for messing this up.

"You sound upset, what's wrong?"

"Oh nothing!" I tried to make my voice as convincing as possible, "I was just going to asked if you wanted to hang out, but if you're busy, that's totally fine!"

"Yeah I'm sorry, Pierre. You're more than welcome to join us though!"

"Thanks Yukes, but I think I'll pass."

"Oh," he sounds almost defeated, "well, if you change your mind, my offer still stands."

"I'll keep that in mind, enjoy your shower and the games!"

"I will, bye!"

"Bye!" With that I hung up the call and walked back over to the two lovebirds.

"So," Charles said as he looked at his watch, "what time is he getting here? That sunset should start in about 5 minutes,"

"So, about that..." I can't even look him in the eye.

"He's not coming," Max finished my sentence for me.

"Yeah, pretty much,"

"YES!"

"DAMN IT"

Max and Charles, respectfully, said at the same time as Charles handed Max a red $20 note.

"Did- Did you two bet on me?" I couldn't help but laugh.

"I said that you would have forgotten to ask Yuki if he was free, and he," Max nudged Charles, "thought that you would have already asked him."

After exchanging the thoughts behind why each bet was placed, we started to pack up what we had set up.

By the time we had placed that last item into the back of my car, it looked to be about 10 minutes left of the sunset.

The lovers said that they wanted to stay and watch the sky paint itself, so I said a quick good bye before getting into the drivers seat and driving back to the hotel.

Once I had gotten back into my room, the thoughts of what this night could have held went through my head. Atlas, I would never knew and could only dream about it.

I needed to clear my head, so I changed into my gym cloths and made my way towards to hotels gym that they offered.

After a twenty minutes workout, I was feeling pretty good. My head was mostly clear. The occasional thought about that could have been passed, but as quickly as it came, it was gone.

For the second time tonight I got back to my hotel room.

I took a shower and later on my bed, putting a movie on, which I was only paying half of my attention to. It was not a little before midnight but I was starting to feel lonely and my thoughts were creeping back up on my faster and in larger quantities.

With a decied sigh, I opened his contact.

Mine❤️🇯🇵

11:56

Pierre
If your offer still stands, can I take it?

Yuki
Yeha, we're in Danny's rom
339

Sending a quick thumbs up, I put on my shouts, turned off my TV, and did anything else that I deemed necessary before leaving. Like spraying on more cologne.

As I went to grab my phone to leave, Yukis and I's massages were still open; something seemed off.

It was known that his first language was indeed Japanese and not English. However, he's known the language extranet well for atleast the past seven years now, so why was he making such simple spelling mistakes?

It took me a few second to connect the dots, but once I did I needed to get to Yuki as soon as possible.

The last time he made mush simple spelling mistakes, he was drunk. When he's druck he does... things... to say the least.

I ran my way to the hotel room Yukes gave me, 339. Hoping that he had indeed given me the right one.

I knocked on the door, and not even a second later, it opened. It revealed Yuki, with a plastic cup of, what I assumed by the sting smell, to be straight liquor.

My suspicions were confirmed when he spoke.

"Pier! Geat to zee you!" His words slurred and his accent was a lot more pronounced, a dead giveaway.

At least now that I was here, and was sober, I could watch over him and make sure nothing happens.

Even though this wasn't what I had expected when I planed to see Yuki tonight, it was okay, if it still meant I got to spend time with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Words: 1166

Nothing much to say this chapter, besides form sorry for how longs it's taken me. I've had a lot going on, but I really wanted to give you all a chapter cause I felt bad.

Anyways, what are your guys thoughts on the Chinese GP? And that facts that it's a sprint?

Anyways, enjoy my lovelies!
~🏎️💨