Emotion Progress 19: Raining

(3rd pov)

"Now.." Rin trailed off as she stared at Sai who was ready. He wore a fake closed eye smile as he stood ready. "Are you ready Rin-chan? I hope there are no hard feelings after I beat you." He stated with a dismissive confidence.

Rin was unresponsive. The rest of Team 7 stood on the sidelines watching in anticipation. A calm wind passed through the training area, sending the grass swaying. "Let's keep this short." Rin said while Sai silently nodded in agreement.

When the wind disappeared, Rin seemed to disappear with it. Sai's eyes widen as he took out his blade from behind his back and held it defensively in front of him as Rin's kunai connected with his blade, causing a spark.

A blast of wind from Rin's blinding speed pushed the two apart. "WOW!" Naruto shouted shocked. "So fast" Sakura also gasped.

Rin and Sai continued fighting with their blades till he pulled a fast one. He was crouched down as he prepare his jutsu. He took out his scroll and drew quickly. "Beast scroll," he muttered as his creations came to life. Rin stood unfazed as she watched the creates begin to descend upon her from the sky.

She closed her eyes as they began to get closer. Before the could reach her, her eyes snapped opened.

Ink splattered on the ground. Team 7 gasped as they did a double take. Kakashi's sharigan could not have predicted what had just happened. Even Sai was beyond shock as he stayed on his one knee a small trail of sweat rolled down to his chin.

A small cut was on his shoulder and cheek.

Rin's clothing gently went back to place after the speed she had used. The kunai was pointed at the back of his neck. Her eyes were cold as she stared at the floor.

"Speed...is everything." She said before moving her kunai and putting it in her kunai pouch. Sai blankly stared at the ink on the ground.

"So that's the power....of a demon..." he muttered. Rin slightly twitched from the familiar word but said nothing. Rin merely walked away from him. "I don't want to be here anymore." she said bluntly. "Hoi Rin..where are you going!" Naruto shouted after her.

Seeing that she wasn't going to respond, he chased after her.

Sakura was going to follow till Kakashi stopped her. "Let them go, Naruto's with her." he said. "Besides," he looked up to see storm clouds rolling in, "Looks like it'll rain."

"Hoi Rin! Why don't you answer!"Naruto shouted from Rin as she kept walking away. They were passing the lake in front of the Academy by now. Children were playing around with each other.