Emotion Progress 26: Truth

(Rin's pov)

I now held the Shinigami sword in my hands, staring at it and blankly. "So that sword...." I looked up at Naruto to see him entirely shocked by the whole thing. "Is...your..twin sister." He said as if it were taboo. 

I simply nodded. "My elder sister's spirit resides in here along with the spirit Kurogami as one." 

"Wait! Then what happened to the clan?! Your dad and how did you get the sword!" He asked, leaning towards me in pure interest and questioning. My grip on the sword's sheath tightened as I casted my eyes to it again.

"That is something I am not yet ready to share with anyone......" I trailed off. Naruto backed off and sat in his proper position. "I get it...thanks for sharing so much. I had no idea...that your life was that hard." he said sympathetically. 

"It's quite suiting for a killer like me actually. Just one other nuisance that was in my way from achieving my greatest extent." I said coldly as I strapped my sword on my back and stood up."What do you mean?" Naruto asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"I mean exactly what I just said. My 'Family's disappearance served as a greater advantage. Had I been held back by something so useless I wouldn't be able to achieve the things I'm able to now." 

Naruto was silent before standing up and staring at me with a slight cold look.

"I get it if you're mad at your dad for what he did....but you shouldn't just throw family aside. Good or bad, they're your flesh. Saying stuff like that is just messed up!" He defended with his hand on his heart. 

"In the Akuma Clan there's no place for compassion Naruto," I responded coldly, "It is for that exact reason that the akumas accept us as vessels for them. Family and Friendship are materialistic burdens. Flesh and blood doesn't matter. It is a member of the Akuma clan's job to reproduce strong offspring."

"You talk about it as if no one had a choice or something! As if right after, you're just some sort of pawn! Your mother loved you didn't she? She smiled, cried, and loved you till her very last breath! She was part of the Akuma clan yet she had the thoughts of you being her family!" 

"She was weak and in result she died with the weak. Had she been born with the Kurogami she might have been able to survive. Weaklings die and the strong live." I said. Suddenly I felt a presence making me glare out to the inn's porch.

Before Naruto could argue back I pushed him away and grabbed a kunai from his pouch. "Ow!" He winced from impact. I took a defensive stance while glaring at the figure in the snow.