Emotion Progress 25: * Rechecking History data* Flashback 1

(3rd pov) 

Clouds, mist, and fog covered the secret mountains of the East. They kept them hidden from enemies eyes who'd want to take over the great labyrinth of twisted trees and steep slopes. In legends it's said that once you walk inside you'd get lost and never return. 

Not even the sharigan or byakugaun would be able to lead you through the mountain maze. If only people had known that there was a clan that owned the mountains. 

Deep in the mountain's pass was settled a small village barely noticeable due to being built on the side of a mountain. Though the village would seem peaceful from the outside, it was anything but. 

Night came upon this village as screams of agony were heard throughout the darkness. In a small dojo like house laid a woman, several nurses, and the woman's husband. The woman was going into labor while the man, who was head of the family, stood on the sidelines with an uncaring face.

It was usual for the wives of men who were going into labor to die in childbirth. The men carried darkness in them, more specifically they carried Akuma (Demon ) blood in them while their wives only had a small percentage. Their bodies would not be able to handle the toll of giving birth to a pureblood akuma.

That's why only the strong men in the village were allowed to take on a wife. 

"Again Mika-sama!" The nurse encouraged the panting woman. "I'm....too tired..." She said weakly. The man clenched his fist and walked over to kneel beside her. Dear Mika turned her head to look at him for encouragement but instead flinched.

On her husband's face was a deadly look with murderous intent. "Either you do it or we'll cut them out." He threatened in her ear making tears well up in her eyes. Her husband left her side to stand in his previous spot. 

Mika looked back at the nurse and nodded. The pushing went on for several hours till finally two wailings filled the air. One of the nurses walked up to the head of the branch with her head hung low. "What is it?" he grumbled. 

"Sir.....the good news is that you had twin daughters..." She reported.