Chapter 38 {Edited}

"So, it's confirmed? You're completely exonerated?" Leona asked Isabelle as they walked into the Institute.

After her shower, Leona insisted that she and Isabelle go back to the institute. Never mind that her body was still recovering, they had work to do and the Shadowhunter didn't want to keep her and Isabelle away from their duties any longer than she had to.

When Isabelle helped her get ready, she caught Leona up on everything she had missed while she was asleep.

"Yeah," Isabelle smiled brightly throwing an arm gently over Leona. "Jace and Clary got back last night and called Alec. That's why he wasn't there when you woke up. He's been smoothing things over here."

"And Clary's mother?" Leona asked as they walked through the hallway.

"Here, in one of the rooms, we just need to figure out how to wake her," Isabelle explained as the girls caught sight of a group of Shadowhunters carrying boxes walking towards them.

Leona winced before questioning, "And Jace and Clary? Are they really–"

Isabelle let out a sigh, shaking her head. "Yeah, it's unbelievable."

Leona clicked her tongue. "That's certainly one way to put it."

Isabelle pulled Leona to a gentle stop as the Shadowhunters approached them. Leona curiously peaked into the boxes spotting flowers and a variety of table decor within them.

"Bring the flowers out to the wedding tent. Pull the lilies up on the dais and lay the rose petals at the entrance." Isabelle instructed the Shadowhunter who nodded and left to follow her words.

"You already started–" Leona turned to Isabelle before she was cut off.

"Isabelle, sorry to interrupt," The girls turned to see another Shadowhunter holding two different colored curtains. "Which color do you like better? It's for the curtains adorning the wedding tent."

"The cobalt blue, don't you think L," Isabelle asked, turning to Leona. The Shadowhunter was caught so off guard that all she could do was nod along. "It's elegant, masculine...very Alec."

"I'll put the cobalt blue out right away." The Shadowhunter smiled before glancing at Leona. "Leona, Isabelle had mentioned you were feeling faint when I saw her this morning. Glad to see you're feeling better."

"Oh, yes thank you. I just needed some extra sleep, nothing too bad." Leona smiled as she made up an excuse, discreetly elbowing Isabelle for not giving her the heads up about her story.

The Lightwood girl had Magnus portal her into the Institute to pick up clothes for Leona to change into after her shower.

"I'll see you both at the wedding." She said as she walked away.

Leona quickly turned to Isabelle in confusion. "I was asleep for one night and you're already wedding planning?"

"I was cleared from my trial, now is the perfect time to do this," Isabelle told Leona who only looked at her in disbelief. Before the Shadowhunter could speak, Jace approached the girls, pulling Leona into a hug.

"You're okay," Jace said relieved as he squeezed Leona causing her to let out a grunt.

"I am but Jace not so hard, I'm barely up and moving as it is," Leona said with a squeak as she patted Jace's back in assurance.

Jace quickly let go of her, his eyes wide. "Sorry, I'm sorry, are you alright?"

Leona let out a breath before waving the blonde off. "I'm fine don't worry. Just a little bruised but I'm okay."