13. I promise

Be sure you've read last chapter, "12. Y'all know my heart,"

 Y'all know my heart,"

March 6, 2017

••••••

Orion quickly popped his eyes open hearing his door to solitary confinement open, he relaxed seeing what CO it was. Kane walked in and took a seat, "I heard you trying to leave me this month?"

"Don't start," Orion chuckled, "whatchu down here for? I thought yo pops moved you from round me,"

Kane shrugged, "I'm on lunch, wanted to come kick it with you' and he'll be aight. What you eat today?"

Orion shook his head and let out a yawn, "Bunny brung me something,"

"Oh," he looked away from him, his eyebrows slightly furrowing. Silence took over the two as Kane pulled his iPad out and pulled up the Hulu app, he played my wife and kids and opened the container of food he brung for lunch and began to silently eat.

Orion focused on the show as well, until he decide to break the awkward silence. "You know Bunny and I are just cool right?"

Kane nodded, "whatchu telling me that for nigga?"

"So, you don't have a attitude right now cause she fed me? You know I don't even fuck with nobody in here, I can't help who likes me..."

"I'm trippin' this is why pops separated me from you anyway—me and you aren't even a thing...I know what we do don't mean nothin' to you, and I ain't trynna be that guy. It's just stupid, my bad O,"

"Are you me?" Orion asked him, reaching over him and pausing the show.

Kane sighed, "nah, I ain't,"

"Aight then so don't tell me what means what to me Kane, youn' get to make up what you think and run with it' that's the quickest way to annoy the fuck outta' me. Outta' all these years here you the first and only nigga I gave the time of day, inmates included. That should tell you what we do means something to me," he grabbed his chin making him look at him.

Kane nodded, "you right' I can't just assume shit. Second guessing myself ain't even me, you got me acting like a lil' soft ass bitch forreal."

They both chuckled, "we good now?"

"I guess so," Kane told him, Orion smiled and laid back, "next time I ask you if you ate and you tell me a mothafucka fed you? I'll shoot everybody in this bitch,"