CHAPTER 1

Walking through the woods, stepping on fallen leaves which gave a crunching sound. A brown skinned girl with a lovely pair of blue eyes and long black hair which was done in a ponytail. She wore a sea green t-shirt with a black skirt, on top of which she wore a hood. Veronica walked for some time, as she looked forward, she could see the capital in a distance.
"Looks like I have reached my destination" She says.

The place was lively, people could be seen going about their day-to-day activities. You can hear customersp trying to bargain prices of goods from sellers. As she walked through all the hustle, she kept thinking to herself what she should do first since she has arrived at the heartbeat of the nation.
"What now ? Should I explore ? Nah I shouldn't forget why....."
"Growl...."
"Looks like my tummy has other plans" She said dryly

Looking at her left, she saw an inn which read "Sheba inn". "Perfect"She exclaimed as she walked towards it. When she got inside, she was greeted by a gentle voice.
"Hello, how may I help you ?" . Veronica looked in the direction of the voice and saw a young girl, she was of average (not as tall as Veronica). She had short white in which she did two small pigtails and let the rest of her hair down. She had tan skin, green eyes, wore a white dress with long sleeves. On top of which she wore a gray apron.

"I was just wondering if I could get some food" Veronica said. "Of course " the girl replied. She order for akara and bread which was her favorite food. "Here's your order ma'am" the girl said as she placed the food on the table. "And how much will this be" Veronica asked.
"That will be 350 Kora". Veronica handed her the money and booked a room.

Soon it was night time and Veronica was shocked. She realized that she has been asleep throughout the afternoon. "I must have really tired". As she got up, she looked at herself in the mirror and saw how messy she was especially her hair. "My hair is such a mess".

Just then, the innkeeper opened the door to call her for dinner, but seeing how messy she was. The girl was a bit frightened.

"Are you ok Miss ?" The girl asked
"Yes I am, just slept off that's all" Veronica replied.