CHAPTER 3

Just so that you guys won't be confused, this chapter is taking up the last scene in chapter 2.5, enjoy 🥰
✨✨✨🌟🌟🌟✨✨✨🌟🌟🌟✨✨

"Hey if you don't wanna get beaten up just give us what's in your hand"
"No"
Veronica looked in the direction of the voice and saw two men cowering a young boy around her age.
"Let's go'' Veronica said " this is none of our business". "What ! You're just going to leave him" Ife exclaimed.

"What should I do ? It's better to be safe than sorry" Veronica said "Come on ! you don't even know where the HQ is, besides why are you part of the PA for ? Also, it will be convenient if you get people on your side" Ife said trying to convince her. "Ok fine" Veronica gave in.

"Ugh you're stubborn aren't ya ?" One of the men said. "You really want to die". "Excuse me, it's not really nice to force someone into something they are not willing to do" Veronica said as she walked into the scene. "And who are you meant to be girly ?" One of the men said. "My identity isn't important for now" Veronica said "You still won't mind you're business eh ? Looks like you need to be taught a lesson, I'll show you" .

The other man did as he tried to grab Veronica. "Hey..." The young man yelled. Veronica smirked as she grabbed the man and gave him a powerful punch in the stomach making him to cough out blood and faint.

Veronica looked at the second dude who was already trembling giving him the "wanna - be - next" look. "No thanks bye" the second man hurriedly left taking his friend along. "You're okay ?" Veronica asked looking at the young man who was standing in a corner. "Yes I am" the boy replied.
Looking at him closely, Veronica saw that the boy was around her age. He had brown hair, emerald eyes, fair skinned and had a nice face. "Nica !" Ife said as she went to hug Veronica. "You were amazing" "Thanks" Veronica replied

" I'm sure they've learned their lesson" Ife said. "A magical being ?" The boy thought

Sorry,this chapter isn't finished. But now that I have found time I might as well finish it and update chapter 4 some other time.

'' Oh no wonder those jerks were after you" Veronica said as she looked at the boy's hand seeing that he has a rare magical item "You're holding a very valuable item you know" . "Please don't tell me that you also now want it" The boy said worriedly. "Of course not" Veronica said reassuring him " By the way do you know where I can find the adventurer's squad HQ".

"Since you're asking, my guess is that you're interested in joining them" the boy said
"Yeah you're right" Veronica replied
"Well you've come to the right person, I am an adventurer and I can show you the way" The boy said.

"Really thank you", "Told ya that you should help him, now you're able to join the Adventurer's squad" Ife told her using telepathy. "Yeah yeah" Veronica replied agreeing with her. They went out of the alley into the busy street. "So mind telling me why you want to join the Adventurer's squad and it's ok if you don't want to" the boy asked. "Oh I just thought that it will be great to use my skills" Veronica replied, "really what are your skills" he asked. "Oh well swordfighting" She replied.

"Swordfighting huh, looks like we're going to have another female swordsman in our midst"
"What do you mean ?" Veronica asked. "well there is a girl around the same age as you who is also a swordsman by the name Mj". The boy said.
"Eh did you just say Mj ?"
"Yes I did, why ?"
"Nothing" Veronica said "it surely can't be the Mj I know right ?'' She thought.

Please if you're enjoying this book. I would really appreciate if you vote for it and you comments on it. Thank you 🥰🥰