CHAPTER 9 - FIRST TASK AS AN ADVENTURER

As they stopped at Golden City, Veronica looked at her tell to see a message from Amare telling her to meet him at the guild, so they headed there. When they got there, just as they were about to enter, Veronica suddenly had an eerie feeling. She normally have this feeling when something is about to go wrong or she didn't want to see someone, she knew it could be either of the two. She pulled herself together and went in. She saw Amare and Maybelle who was talking to a girl her age.
        "Oh, Veronica come over here" Maybelle signaled to her, the girl whom Maybelle was talking to turned around which made Veronica to see her full appearance, she had blonde hair and emerald eyes, wore a white shirt and had a green scarf round her neck, she wore black trousers with a gun on each side. Veronica was shocked beyond the words as she saw who it was.
          That girl was MJ, veronica's colleague in PA and childhood friend. "C - co - coming" She said as should walked over to them. She was so surprised that even her movements was stiff. "Are you okay ?" Amare asked  noticing has stiff movements. "I'm fine" She replied. As Maybelle was explaining their task, Veronica glanced  MJ who was also staring at her in shock. "So we are going to collect herbs" Ife said making sure of what she heard, "yes" Maybelle said. Veronica couldn't believe what she just heard, she was dumbfounded as this was not what she expected.

        "Really herbs, is that what adventurers do ?" Veronica thought feeling disappointed. As if he was reading her mind, Amare reassured her not to feel disappointed. "I'm off" MJ said; "okay Ma'am  thank you for the message".   Veronica and MJ glanced as each other before she went out, Veronica was very surprised by the same time worriedsince she didn't tell MJ the reason for all what she's doing. "That reminds me, by the way what's my rank ?" She asked "you are very impressive Veronica, I am impressed" Maybelle said as she check the system "you're the first adventurer to start as a S rank".

      "S RANK !!!" Amare yelled in shock which made the people in the guild to look at him which made him feel embarrassed. "S - s- s rank, h - h - ho - how ?" Amare stammered. " I don't know but you must be very strong Veronica" Maybelle said. "Great, I tried to keep a low profile but my rank may arise suspicion" Veronica thought. Maybelle give them a picture of the herb they were meant to gather and they left.

       "Echinacea, looks like that's the name of the herb we're meant to gather" Amare said, "yep" Ife said in agreement. As they walked, Veronica didn't realize that there was a presence watching them. "What have you been up to Veronica ?" MJ said.

        Sigh....
      "I haven't even found a single Echinacea" Veronica said feeling stressed out. "I really can't believe your're an S rank, just who on earth are you ?"  Amare asked still feeling bewildered, upon hearing his question, Veronica smirked as thought it would be funny to give him a  mysterious reply, she looked at him
"Your worst nightmare" She said it with a sinister smile on her face.

     .....

    There was a long silence between them, Veronica notice the suspicious look on Amare's face, she didn't expect it because she knew she wasn't being serious .
     "I was just joking" She said lightly
     " It didn't seem like a joke" Amare said sternly. Before Veronica could say anything, Ife said she will use navigation magic to search for the herb they were looking for, just as she was about to use it, Veronica stopped her.

       "Someone is watching us" She said