CHAPTER 5

"All done" Veronica said as she filled in the registration form. "Okay hold on a sec, I'll be back to you soon" a fair skinned lady with black hair who went by the name Maybelle  said as she walked through a door. "Phew, I'm nervous and excited at the same time, I hope I get in" Veronica thought . "Hello" Veronica looked up and saw that Maybelle was back. "Please kindly follow me to where you would be tested" she said, "okay" Veronica replied.

                 They walked through the same door Maybelle walked through  which lead to  a hallway. Then they went through another door which lead to a meadow. "What is this ma'am ?" Veronica asked, "This is the testing ground, very spacious as you can see" Maybelle said. "anyway you will be going through 3 trials".

              "I'll leave it to you, good luck Miss" She said as she cheered her on, "thanks" Veronica said. Maybelle left the  meadow living Veronica alone. "I wonder what will be my first task"  as she thought to herself, she suddenly felt the atmosphere change. Before she knew it, she heard footsteps, "looks like my first task is up ahead" She said smiling to herself.

       Meanwhile

      Ife and Amare sat down quietly waiting for her return. Amare looked at Ife, noticing she looked a bit tensed, he said this ; "what's wrong ? you don't think she'll pass ?", "WHAT ! of course not, she's strong you know" Ife said sternly " its just that I'm not used to not having her around me". "Hmm" "Also" Ife stated " I don't feel comfortable sitting next to strangers". "Hold on" Amare said " you do know that if Veronica passes, me and her will become colleagues, it doesn't mean that we will be in the same party but you know..". "You're  right" Ife said "and for your information, I know she will pass", "Ok" Amare said.

           Veronica sighed a sigh of relief as she wiped her face with her hand, " I managed to end that monster and cut my scrunchie in the process" Veronica said. " I wonder what the next task will be" she thought, "Wow, congratulations on completing the first round, I must say I'm quite impressed with your swordsmanship" a voice said which took Veronica by surprise.  "And who are you supposed to be?" Veronica asked, "ha ha don't worry darling, I'm not an enemy, I'm just here to guide you through the 2nd trial" .

              "And how do you expect me to trust you"  Veronica said sternly, "hmm so you're not only skilled but also smart, I like you, but I'm saying the truth, I'm here to guide you through the second trial" the voice said "fine"  Veronica said. "Ok, here's the second trial". A screen appeared before Veronica, it had a riddle which read thus :

           What are the next three letters in this combination? OTTFFSS.

      "A tough one huh ?"  Veronica thought. She read the riddle up to five times creating different hypothesis until she got the answer.

         "I've gotten my answer miss" Veronica said.