Chapter 2

"Hey ! Wake up"
" Veronica ! Wake up would you"
" Ugh seriously, quit acting like a sloth"
"You have to wake up"
"Fine" Veronica said as she got up, she wasn't pleased that her sleep was disturbed. She angrily looked at the person who responsible, it was a girl of petite height, she also had tan skin, she had dark blue hair which was braided and wore a white off shoulder dress. She was Veronica's fairy companion, Ife.
" You know, if being a nuisance was an award, you'll be know round the globe". "YOU!!!" Ife yelled. Veronica ignored her and went to clean up. She put on a yellow hoody with blue jeans and did her hair in a ponytail. She headed downstairs and saw that the inn had some people inside especially merchants.

"Miss !" The innkeeper said as she spotted Veronica. "By the way just call me Veronica or nica for short" Veronica said calmly. "Ok, so what brings you here Veronica" the girl said, "Exploring and Job hunting" Veronica said.
" Well....., There are many jobs, trading, banking. There's even adventurer's squad". The girl stated.

"Adventurer's squad ?"
"Ack ! What are you doing here ?" Veronica yelled as she saw Ife standing beside her. "What kind of question is that" Ife queried. "Ugh whatever" Veronica diverted her attention from Ife to the innkeeper. "Ehrm Mofe please can you tell me more about this adventurer's squad". "Well... Wait ! How did you know my name is mofe ?" The girl asked. "Oh well one of your customers called you that yesterday" Veronica said in a hurry not trying to draw suspicion ( apparently she used appraisal magic to assess the girl but there is no way she would tell her that). " Wow you have good memory" Mofe said.

"Well the adventurer's squad consists of people that help in promoting the peace of the kingdom. They defeat monsters and dungeons, deliver messages and other stuff". " Well that's all I know, if you want to know more, then you'll have to join". Mofe said. Veronica thanked her for the information and decided to join. Mofe mentioned that she thought of joining but isn't sure.
"Think about it" Veronica said trying to encourage her "anyway I'm heading out".
"Oh safe journey"
"Think about it huh" Mofe thought as she smiled to herself