CHAPTER 10 - A NEW GANG MEMBER : ABAYOMI

They stayed silent for a while, Veronica noticed the bushes kept rustling  "looks like this person ain't gonna reveal himself or herself" she thought "in that case" She said as she stood up and position her arm in the direction of the bushes. "Fire, the mesmerizing flame which sets hearts  ablaze" As she said it, a fiery sensation could be seen emanating from her "fiery ropes !" She said.

      A long rope of fire went into the bushes, "ow !" A voice was heard. " I got him... Or her"  Veronica said happily, "great" Ife exclaimed. Amare looked at Veronica in shock, "this girl is definitely an S rank, just who on earth a she and why would she want to be an adventurer ? Maybe she has a hidden goal ?". He decided to brush his questions aside. They walked towards the bush to see who the person was, "let's see who the spy really is" Ife said as she smirked " you better spill out all your secrets if you don't want this to be your last" just as she said that, she created a small tornado with her hand which was a very powerful technique of hers and if she were to use it, it can blow away a whole Forest.

      "Pl - ple - please don't hurt m - me"

    They all looked up and saw a girl, she was dark skinned, had reddish brown hair which was in two pig tails, had light green eyes. She wore a short dark blue down with black boots, she was trembling.

      "Opps"  they thought when they just realized what they had done

     Veronica released her and the four of them sat down on the grass, the girl was sitting opposite to them. "Please don't hurt me, I mean no harm, I swear". "She isn't lying" Veronica thought as she  read her mind. "Please forgive our ill manners" Amare said. "I was scared, especially by her wind magic" the girl stated, "don't mind her, I don't know why she keep trying to prove that stupidity is better than intelligence" Amare stated wryly. "I know ri.... Wait ! Did you just call me stupid ?" Ife yelled and she turned angrily to Amare. Amare blew a raspberry at her and ignored her yelling and turned to Veronica, "anyway, let's continue looking for the herb". "Sorry if you don't mind me asking are you guys adventurers ?" The girl asked ; " yes we are" Veronica replied. The girl gapsed and suddenly bowed which took them by surprise, "please, please can I join your party ?"

      "Why ?" Veronica asked, "I've been searching for my brother for 2 years, and I thought of becoming an adventurer to find him, but since you guys are a please let me join your party". Veronica was suspicious of this girl, she thought that she was a spy maybe to prevent her from knowing the truth about her hometown. She decided to read her mind and saw that she was being sincere. "Okay but if you want to join us, prove yourself you have what it takes" Veronica said, "how ?" The girl asked. "It's simple, fight me" Veronica said.

     "WHAT !!!" They all were taken aback. "Fi - Fi - fight  y - y - you ?" The girl said "that's right"  Veronica said. "Okay" the girl said feeling determined ; "is she serious ?" Amare said still feeling shocked, "she is" Ife said understanding his bewilderment "and this is just the beginning"

      Veronica and the girl faced each other, Veronica held a bright red sword while the girl held nunchuks. "The rule is simple, whoever pays the other person to the ground wins" Veronica said, "fine" the girl agrees. Veronica suddenly charged towards her, before she could land a hit a rod came flying at her which took her by surprise. She quickly doged it before it could hit her, she looked up and saw that the nunchuks expanded which took her by surprise as well. " Those aren't ordinary nunchuks"  Veronica thought, she smile to herself as she charged at her again.

     They  continued their brawl, Veronica could see that the girl was very skilled in martial arts. The brawl lasted until Veronica who was about to get her notice she was no longer in sight. Where did she...." Before she could finish her statement, something wrapped around her,  then the girl appeared and pinned her to the ground. Veronica was surprised as she looked at the girl's face. "Those are the eyes of a warrior" She thought. Veronica stood up and stared at her, the girl touch she was angry so she apologized.

     "What's your name ?" Veronica asked
     "Abayomi" the girl replied
   "Well Abayomi, welcome to the club"
Veronica said as she placed her hand on Abayomi's shoulder grinning from ear to ear.
     "Thank you, thank you so much"  Abayomi said feeling grateful.

     "She's..... Amusing" Amare said knowing that Veronica isn't the typical girly girl
    "This is just the beginning" Ife said
    "You mean she has a crazy side ?" Amare asked
    "Yep"  Ife replied

     "Interesting..... I ... Guess" Amare said thinking about what he signed up for