Chapter 1

Before we begin, I'd like to let everyone know that this story is connected with The Powers We Have. I would suggest to read that one first, but...I don't think it really matters which one you read first. It doesn't really matter, because my friend pointed out that this book is like a prologue to The Powers We Have, I was just an idiot and ended up writing this after I already finished writing and started posting The Powers We Have. SO IDK- ://

You can read this and then read TPWH or read that first and then read this one, it's up to you. It should make sense either way.
Also know that this story is mostly going to be in Martyn's POV (like Because of You and how it's mostly in Rick's POV). I chose to format the story like this, so deal with it >:/

Martyn's Perspective-

I paced around outside the hospital room, waiting.

I glanced at the clock, watching as the minute hand moved slowly.

I groaned.

Time had never moved so slow, and I had the power to stop it completely.

Just then, the door opened, and my head snapped up to the healer.

"Well?" I asked nervously.

"He'll be okay." She said and I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Can I see him?" I asked, my voice sounding desperate.

"Yes, but he's asleep."

"That's okay."

I walked into the room and saw Scott lying down on the hospital bed.

I sat down on the chair near his bed and gently brushed his hair from his face.

"Scott..." I whispered, tears forming in my eyes, "I'm so happy you're okay, and I'm so sorry I did that to you all those years ago."

Scott groaned and he slowly opened his eyes, looking at me.

He reached a hand to my cheek, and I smiled.

"It's okay, you did as I asked and...I'm sorry I asked you to do that, that must've been so hard for you."

I nodded, "It was."

He smiled and slowly leaned in and kissed me.

I moved my hand to his chin and kissed back.

-

"So what's the tea with Scott?" Scar asked me as we walked out of the hospital.

"Yeah, why was Canon controlling him?" Grian asked.

"What's your story?"

"Was Scott your superhero partner and lover?"

"How- "

"ALRIGHT!" I shouted, cutting Scar off, "Chill with the questions. Today's been a long day."

"But- "

"Chill." I said sternly, interrupting Grian.

Grian grumbled.

"What, you're just gonna let our questions go unanswered?"

"If you keep asking them, yes."

Scar and Grian exchanged looks.

"Look, we're just wondering- "

"I know you are, and I'll explain it all in a second."

"You will?" Grian asked.

I nodded and we walked to my house.

"So would you like something to drink?" I asked, walking over to the kitchen cabinets.

"Uh- sure." Scar shrugged.

"Grian?"

Grian folded his arms and leaned against the counter, narrowing his eyes at me.

"Get to the point, Martyn."

I shrugged and got me and Scar a glass of water before sitting on the counter.

"I'd suggest getting comfortable." I said, lowering my glass.

Scar sat down cross legged, looking excited.

I chuckled, "So...I guess we should start from the beginning."