Chapter 11

Martyn's Perspective-

Three Years Later-

Martyn sat on his bed, fiddling with the hourglass that B made him. He was thinking about everything that had happened over the past couple years.

It was all so crazy. He was in his final year of school and he and Scott were now dating, which was surreal.

Martyn got lost in thought as his phone rang. He jumped and quickly answered it.

"Hello?" He said excitedly.

He listened to the other person on the line and nodded.

"Yep! I'm going now. See you in about 10 minutes." Martyn then hung up and grabbed his hoodie before dashing out the door.

-

"Hey Scott!" Martyn blushed as he walked up to Scott's house.

Scott blushed and kissed Martyn's cheek.

Martyn chuckled and kissed Scott quickly.

"I see you're doing well." He said and Scott giggled and nodded.

"Yeah, I'm good. What about you?"

Martyn shrugged, "I've been better?"

Scott's smile flickered down, and he looked concerned. He tilted his head and gently held Martyn's hand.

"Is something up?" He asked softly.

"No, it'll be okay. Besides, I'm with you." Martyn said, smiling and winking and Scott blushed, his smile slowly returning.

Despite Martyn trying to move the conversation to something else, Scott was still a bit concerned.

-

Martyn and Scott walked around a little forest near their home and towards a lake that Scott used to practice his powers at when he was a kid.

They were walking hand in hand in silence, thinking about everything.

Despite today's happier tone, there was a feeling of darkness following them.

"Martyn, something's up. I know you know that I've caught on. So just tell me what's wrong. I want to help you. Haven't I always helped you with your problems in the past?" Scott asked softly and Martyn sighed, looking down.

He gently sat down on the grass near the lake and Scott sat down next to him, watching.

"I'm sorry, I've just been...thinking." Martyn whispered.

"About what?"

"About how much of a failure I am."

Scott looked concerned.

"What do you mean?" He asked in a soft tone.

"I mean, when Cooper died, I promised that I would find and defeat Canon. That's my goal in life, and I have no idea where Canon is or what they're trying to do. We're about to graduate high school, with our powers trained up, and I've made zero progress." Martyn said, his voice shaking.

Scott gently wrapped his arm around Martyn.

"That doesn't make you a failure." Scott said quietly, "And we still have time to try and find Canon."

"I just...feel like I'm doing everything wrong."

"I get that..."

Martyn sighed and started to cry.

Scott smiled weakly and hugged his boyfriend.

Martyn hugged back and cried on his shoulder.

After a couple of minutes, Martyn caught his breath and wiped his eyes.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

"No, it's okay. I'm glad you did this." Scott said, smiling and kissing Martyn's cheek.

Martyn chuckled and kissed Scott's forehead.

"Thanks for listening."

"Yeah, I'm always here for you. And I know this thing can be overwhelming at times, and I wanna make sure you don't lose control of your emotions."

Martyn smiled softly.

"Graduation can be scary, especially since we feel kinda lost when it comes to our future, but we have each other."

"Always?"

"And forever." Scott finished before leaning in and kissing Martyn.

*dies*

#couplegoals

I want that in a relationship T-T

ANYWAY-

I found it funny since while writing this emotional scene, I was listening to the most peppy Christmas music by Justin Bieber and All I Want For Christmas Is You /srs