Chapter 12

Martyn's Perspective-

Martyn and Scott ended up graduating soon after, and they both stuck together.

The first years were rocky and hard, but they soon found work and were able to support each other and live together.

It was all smooth sailing and then their old high school gave Martyn a call, telling him that they may have found something with Canon.

Martyn and Scott both drove down to their school as fast as they could, ready to hear what kind of information they had.

-

"Ah, Martyn and Scott, glad you could join me." The principal said, welcoming Scott and Martyn into his office.

"You said you found information about Canon?" Martyn asked, wanting to get straight to the point.

"Yes, we did." The principal typed something on his computer and showed Martyn and Scott an email.

"Today this morning, a doctor at a laboratory emailed me and told me that he heard that Canon was planning on breaking in to steal something. They are pretty sure Canon is planning on stealing their latest experiment."

"What experiment?" Scott asked.

"They have been testing building different powers, and one of the strongest ones they have been experimenting on is the power to take over other people's bodies like a ghost."

Scott and Martyn exchanged worried looks.

"Exactly my thought. We must find a way to stop Canon. And Martyn, I know you've been spending most of your life trying to figure out a way to stop Canon, and this is a perfect opportunity. You and Scott are also one of the strongest duos we have."

"So how are we going to stop Canon if we don't know their exact plan?" Martyn asked.

"You two are going to be stationed at a secret base near the laboratory. It's a glass hourglass and Scott, you should be able to spot it easily as you can see underwater."

Scott nods.

"The lab consists of two buildings. The power is in the building underwater and heavily guarded, but Canon has gotten stronger and can break in without struggle. So that's why you two are going to be located near the lab, but far enough away so that Canon shouldn't be able to spot your base."

"How long are we going to be there?" Scott asked.

"Well you might be staying there for a bit. We don't know exactly when Canon will strike, all we know is that this power is something that he would want to get his hands on."

"How did the doctor even hear about Canon wanting to steal the power anyway?" Martyn questioned.

"Apparently, he heard that another doctor, who ended up getting fired, was helping Canon get in."

Scott's eyes widened, "I'm sorry?"

The principal nodded, "We don't know how much information Canon got on how to break in, but this is why we need you two. So, are you willing to help?"

Scott and Martyn exchanged looks before nodding.

"We're in."