Chapter 2

Martyn's Perspective-

"I'm sure you just want your questions answered.

I probably would as well if I were you.

But just...let me start from the beginning.

As you know, my name is Martyn Little-Wood, and I have the power to freeze time for up to two hours.

My superhero partner, and boyfriend, is Scott Major.

He can breathe and see above and underwater, and he can swim quickly underwater as well.

We met in 9th grade when we both got teamed up for our superhero training.

But let's not start there, we're going to before all of that.

When I was in elementary school and was first experimenting with my power.

My mother said that I used to use my power randomly as I couldn't control it, and I would end up in different places in a matter of seconds.

Apparently, the doctors thought I could teleport, since one minute I was in one place and then the next I would be someplace else.

But after the tools used to help a kid with teleportation didn't work, the doctors realized that I could freeze time, and gave me an hourglass.

I wasn't allowed to hold it though as my parents were afraid of me breaking it.

Originally, I could just randomly freeze time, but as I grew, I learned to connect my power to the hourglass that the doctors gave me.

At the time, I had an older brother.

His name was Cooper, Cooper Little-Wood.

He had the power to see far away and in the dark, and my dad had given him a telescope that was our grandfather's.

I remember me and Cooper used to play hide and seek, but we both cheated.

I would hide and he could normally spot me after about 30 seconds, but before he could chase after me and tag me to be seeker, I would freeze time and run off to a different hiding spot.

It was my favorite game to play with him.

And I miss those times.

I miss him.

You see, Cooper was four years older than me.

So when I was 10, he was 14, and already training and fighting against villains.

...I'm sure you can see where this is going.

He and his partner both got killed by a villain during their training.

Ever since then I swore that I would do anything to get back at that villain.

Even if it meant throwing my life into danger to defeat him.

I would do it."

"Wait, wait," Scar interrupted me, bringing me out of my memories, "Is this villain Canon? How old are they?"

"Canon..." I hummed, thinking, "They're in their...early 30s. So like 32 to 33."

"Really?!" Scar and Grian sounded shocked.

"Yep." I said, taking a sip of my water.

"How old were they when they killed your brother?" Grian asked.

"Hmm...I think...16?"

"Who would someone murder another person at the age of 16?" Scar asked.

"Bad people, taken over by anger probably." Grian said.

"It just seems like such a terrible thing to do..." Scar said, trailing off.

"It is, isn't it?" I asked bitterly, my grip tightening on my glass.

"Yeah..." Scar noticed how tense I was getting, and he raised an eyebrow.

"Er- Martyn? You alright?"

"Hm? Oh, yes...just...miss my brother." I said, smiling nervously.

"It's okay, I'm sure I would feel the same. Now, let's continue with the story."

I chuckled and nodded.

"Yeah...let's."