Meet 'Them'

Millie's POV

I arrived at C&A, the company I worked for. They say some of our creations were a success, but one stood out the most it was 'The Amazing Digital Circus', a game pitched by Isabella. Well, I haven't heard from Isabella yet.

"We need to step up our game!" Our boss would say, "Those maniacs are bypassing us on the leaderboards!"

Cain always wanted to be better than others. While Abel wanted to do what's best, making games for all ages. But, ever since Abel went missing, a lot of struggle has opened up to Cain.

"Millie, do you have the slightest empathy for Cain?" Allen asked me.

"No! He can go dwell in a hole." I answered.

Me, Allen, and Josie are sitting at a restaurant. We're currently trying to get as much caffeine as we can take before Cain's extra shift.

"Why would he deserve any empathy? He's the reason we have anxiety!" Josie said, agreeing with me.

Allen sighs, "Fine, I get your point."

My phone buzzed with a notification
Cain: Your shift started 3 minutes ago, WHERE ARE YOU?

"Oh, shit," I said, grabbing my stuff,

"We're late, aren't we?" Josie asked.

"Touché." I said.

Allen looked at Josie, then at me, "It's not my fault y'all relentlessly dragged me here!"

We all rushed out the door, Allen (somehow) was the fastest, and got to the building first. We were all exhausted, but at least we wouldn't need to test out that 'Amazing Digital Circus' out. I desperately didn't wanna try it out!

"You're all late." Cain spoke.

"Sorry, we were busy preparing for our overnight shift that it slipped our minds...?" Allen said, trying to make it sound reasonable.

"Whatever, we have a lot of work to do."

I put my bags down and followed Cain and the others. It seems he was taking us to his office.

"Okay, what's your idea to freshen up our latest project, The Amazing Digital Circus?" He asked us.

"Uh... maybe... let the servers increase the people...?" Allen suggested.

"Hm, we'll see."

"What about my idea? Try and compromise with the number of activities they're dealing with in one digital day." Josie said.

"Yeah, it's a pretty good idea." Allen agreed.

I nodded in agreement.

"Okay, I'll see what I can do. Now go and try to animate."

Me, Allen, and Josie hurried out Cain's office, scared but somewhat... excited.

"You going to animate for that circus?" Allen asks me.

"Eh, I'm not into it as much." I reply.

"Yeah, especially when it's been acting funky." Josie adds.

"Okay, I'll work on it." Allen suggested.

We all went to our cubicles and started working on projects.

Josie's POV

I nearly regret pitching the project. It's become a complete disaster! All of our good employees have gone missing since its outcome, Abel's gone missing, and Cain's being more obsessed with bypassing all video game companies.

My phone kept buzzing with notifications about our project and its hassle.

The Amazing Digital Circus is the #1 answer to everyone's disappearance!
//
Digital Circus merges realms!
//
The 4th dimension is real! (No, it isn't.)

I'm starting to get annoyed of it all. It's constantly being contained with all the (quote on quote) "lore" about the circus. It's legit like being harassed by the same damn thing over and over!

[New message]
//
Miranda - today at 9:21 A.M.
Hey girlie! Please, take your medicine, you'll get well, promise ❤️

Me: I'll get fine mentally, but thank you for your concern ❤️❤️

Miranda is my cousin who's constantly reminding me to take my medicine. But I keep telling her I'll process on my own (which I won't...)

Miranda: You ain't getting better, mentally, physically, and emotionally, TAKE YOUR DAMN MEDICINE.

Me: NAUR.

I sigh, Miranda will never let anything go, and she holds grudges 10 times worse than Zee!

Miranda: I'LL TELL YOUR MOM.

Me: Go ahead, tell her. Idgaf.

[Phone is on mute]

I continued to focus on animating a character, animating characters were hard as fuck. But I'm sure I'll get over that hectic feeling, maybe?

Then, I heard a kinda electric shock sound, I looked around and found a headset on the ground. I walked to it and picked it up. It seemed to be connected to the computer... and what do you know? It's connected to the Amazing Digital Circus! I was trying my HARDEST to remember who sat at this desk and worked here... I couldn't remember. MAN I SURE WENT THROUGH A DISSAPPOINTMENT.

(Fun fact: The person that entered the realm had entered a different server from the og members!!)