12% Battery

Credits to my battery, it's at 12% rn bros.

Larynx's POV

For the past week, I've been hearing a beeping noise. It's been annoying, but I guessed I should just live through it. Although it was annoying, it was signaling it like it was about to shut off or something.

"You seem out of character today..." Pomni notices, sitting next to me at the digital lake.

"Yeah, I've been hearing a beeping, and it's driving me insane!" I explained.

"I'm sure it's not that bad." Pomni replies.

"You really wanna know how AI can be a pain in a*s?" I asked her.

She slowly shook her head no.

"Exactly."

I'm sure it had something to do with the real world or something... like maybe my headset is losing battery, and maybe that's how I escape! I do wanna go back and live my life, but I also wanna stay here forever!

"What do you at least think is causing the beeping?" Pomni asks me.

"Eh, I think because of the battery in the headset," I answer, "It sounds like the kind that whenever your d*mn battery is low."

"Oh? I hope mine isn't on a charger or something." Pomni replies.

"Yeah, that'd really suck."

"What are y'all talking about?" Ragatha asked me, appearing out of nowhere.

"OH MY GOD-" I flinched, "Oh, hi, Ragatha."

"Why does EVERYONE try and sneak up on me whenever I'm unalarmed...?" Pomni mutters to herself.

"Probably because they're quiet as a mouse." I reply.

Pomni nods in agreement, "Yeah."

"Anyways, Caine is still rebooting from the update." Ragatha said.

"I thought he'd be done by now." I replied.

"Yeah, something might be wrong with the system or something."

"But he's functioning perfectly fine!" Pomni says.

"Yeah, but maybe he's just pretending or something. It might not be affecting him emotionally."

Yeah, that's probably what he's hiding... maybe.

"I think it's better if we stay inside the tent for the time being." Ragatha suggested.

"Okay." I got up and walked back into the tent.

Once we were all back inside, objects were scattered throughout the place. They were all some sort of dark color that contrasted the bright colors throughout the circus. We were all confused and curious as to why these "things" were there.

"Uh, Jax? Do you know why there's objects scattered in the circus?" Ragatha asked Jax.

"No, why would I know?" Jax replied.

"Because you claim to have 'keys to everywhere' but never actually claimed where you got them." I explained.

"It's really none of your business of where I got those keys." He said quickly.

I narrowed my eyes at him, and I didn't trust him. How could I? He's a bitch that wants everyone else paranoid!

"Whatever." I walked past him.

Then, my vision became blurry, and the words: "Loa battery!" kept flashing in my vision! I couldn't click it off. It kept flashing in red letters! I went to my room and closed the door, I decided to let the battery die itself. My estimation was probably right anyway. It was 5%... then 4... 3... 2... then 1. On one half, I'm somewhat satisfied, but on the other half, I was scared that I could automatically abstract! I waited for the 1% to pass, and it took a while. Just then, it said: "Now on Charger, 1% remaining." Someone put my headset on the charger...! DAMN IT!!

Annoyed, I went walked out my room, slamming the door behind me, who would possibly prevent me from leaving this place?! Whatever, I don't really care anymore. I can stay for some time longer.

Pomni's POV

I patiently waited for the beeping for the alert that my battery was dying, I wanted to be free from this place... like SOON.

I spotted Larynx walking, and they looked angry, I don't know what happened, but I feel like I shouldn't ask. Eh, I'll still ask anyway.

"Hey, Larynx...," I started saying, "Uh, if you don't mind me asking... can you explain why you're so furious?"

Layrnx inhales and then exhales, "Someone put my headset on the charger... it was nearly empty from battery, BUT SOMEONE PUT IT ON THE F**KING CHARGER!!"

I calmed Larynx down, and I had a feeling they were going to abstract while feeling like this. I think I kinda did a fair job of calming them down. I have no idea if they can handle this, I can't either.

Layrnx breaths, "I'll help you find the exit... just don't leave the others behind."

I nod, "Okay." Since I abandoned Ragatha twice, I'm helping the others.

We walked towards the others, they were bored, very bored. Larynx didn't seem to care that much.

"What're you two up to?" Jax asked, noticing us.

"Oh, nothing!" Larynx lied, "Just.. planning our escape."

Vision looked up, "Really? Ha, I'd like to see you try."

Cocky much... whatever.

"I can easily leave you here to rot yourself, you wh*re!" Larynx said to Vision.

She simply rolled her eyes at Larynx. Oh gosh, there's gonna be tense relationships, probably... I mean, I should expect that!

"So... how are you going to do that?" Zooble asked, intrigued.

"We'll see..." I answer.

I don't know how exactly we're going to escape, but it's worth a try. Just then, my vision became blurry, and messages were flashing in my view. The words said: "Overly charged, please remove charger."... FUCK IT.

"We think someone put a charger on our headsets, preventing us from leaving." Larynx says.

"Oh, really?" Jax said, sarcastically.

"Yes... they probably immediately knew to keep you here forever." I can't with them💀- I cackled for about 1 millisecond and then immediately put on a straight face.

Besides that, I think everyone agreed to help one another leave. So, YIPPEE!!!