At Gunpoint

Gangle's POV

Today was very nosy. Everyone was either screaming in terror, turning on a chainsaw, or getting hit with a chainsaw! Caine's adventures are getting tok chaotic, I don't like it... I'm, of course, probably just accepting that I'm going crazy and my anxiety disorder and trauma are trying to control me.

"Hey, Gangle." Vision said to me.

"Hi?" I responded back.

She smiled, "I made you a mask." She handed me an obsidian mask that resembled my old comedy masks.

"Oh, thank you!" I said happily.

I put the mask on my face, and I immediately felt happy again!

Me and Vision walked towards where the other members were and stood there.

"Hello, members!" Caine said finally, "I'm sure you're wondering if we'll ever redo that theme song. Well, we are!"

"Really?" Larynx said, crossing their arms over their chest, "I thought you'd be over that d*mn theme song."

"I'm never over anything." Caine simply replied.

"I'd rather abstract than do this! It takes 5 f**king hours!" Zooble mumbled.

"Come on, Zooble. At least open up to the feeling of a theme song!" Ragatha said.

Zooble simply rolled her eyes, "Whatever."

"I see you're in a mental state, Zooble." Jax teases.

"Like your mother." She replied.

"Uh-... oh nah-uh..." Larynx said, reacting to the comebacks.

"Wlecome to Disney comeback, everyone." Vision says.

"DO THE OHIO THEME SONG." Caine said, then inhaled and exhaled, "I shall tear your limbs apart."

"Please do." Pomni says.

"Please don't." Ragatha says.

"I'd like to see you try!" Jax says.

"Why though...?" I asked.

"Who wouldn't?" Zooble asks.

"You ain't killing Pomni, and you ain't killing me." Larynx says.

"This is why your mother left you for granted." Vision says.

Caine stammered a bit, "Whatever, let's just get this over with."

After that was over, everyone seemed more positive about this. The theme song wasn't as bad as everyone seemed. To be honest, it let me express myself... in one position, yeah, I hate the theme song.

"Okay, do whatever. I'm still rebooting." Caine immediately said.

I decided to walk back to my room and just sit in a corner and draw something. I felt my insides twitch. It made me feel weird, I decided to be careful about the things I think of. I don't wanna abstract just yet! But I know it's nearly time for me to leave this place. My breaking point is almost here... and I'm afraid.

A knock came from my door, I went to go answer it. It was surprisingly Larynx.

"Didn't really expect you to be here..." I said, trying not to offend them.

"It's fine, I understand. Just wanted to see if you're okay." Larynx replied.

"I'm fine. Do you remember at least anything before you came here?" I asked.

They chuckle, "Well, uh... I kinda... had to go to the suicidal hospital and calm down there... then I didn't wanna take my medicine, causing me to drive to homicide and I ended up nearly killing my boss and a lot of people."

"Oh... wait... do you work for-"

"C&A? Yeah, I used to."

I was shocked. They helped program THIS very game, the one that made me regret telling everything to society.

"Did you know it would capture humanity?" I asked them.

"No, of course not! I just wanted a game where everyone could drive back in time to their beautiful and innocent childhood." Larynx answered.

I nod, understanding. I haven't really opened up to people like this... but it's surprising that a C&A employee is trapped in this game, helping develop the game and all of that.

"I'll leave you alone for now. Thanks for listening." Larynx said, walking off.

I softly smiled. It felt nice befriending a terrorist. But I do miss my other real friends who helped me throughout everything.

Larynx's POV

Gangle is a very friendly person. I can see she has good intentions indeed. I'd like to protect her if anything bad happens...!

"What do you think is the updates Caine's currently rebooting for?" Pomni asks me.

"I don't know... I think someone in the real world has updated it to its expectations." I reply.

"Fair enough." She agreed.

Why do I have the sudden erge to think she likes me...? 😃... GOD help me.

"I'm gonna go simply just scream my head off and see what happens." Pomni says, going to her room.

"Okay, don't give people mini anxiety heart attacks." I said to her.

"I won't." She basically just admitted she would. How? Because we all know this type of person.

I went to my room and thought about those who abstracted, reached their breaking point, or either are waiting to get redeemed. I wonder how many people the server can hold.

The next day, Caine's reboot was 86 - 87% done, and he still recommended we do whatever. So I went to the digital lake to try and drown myself because it's FUN.

Just then, the void's colors were fading in and out. I was skeptical about it. Was it a signal of something? You know what, I don't wanna get involved! I just wanna live my life here, for the time being. I don't actually like being here. Jax can go die in a hole, asthetically! Still, though... it intrigued me to think about it.