Chapter 18 - Plutonium

Zoe

I wake up to the sun beaming in my window, it's the first time in days the fog isn't obstructing the sunlight. It's only when I stretch out my muscles that I realize Teddy is no longer lying next to me.

Last night I decided I'm not fighting these urges anymore. I opened up to them a lot about my past and I don't feel a vendetta against them anymore. We worked together so well at the museum, everything felt so natural. Like I clicked into their fucked up puzzle as a long lost piece. It became very clear very quickly that I fit in, easily, and it may be against my better judgment but I do trust them. The way they all reacted to my story last night told me enough. They didn't know anything about what my father did, and they have no direct involvement with the Cambions. They are fighting a battle on the same side as me.

Max was right, I do want these men. I want all of them, selfish as it may be. I have never been allowed to be selfish in my life, and this is something I want all to myself. I want them all for me and though I'm not ready to admit it to them, I can admit it to myself.

I roll over in the bed, enjoying the softness of the luxury bed sheets. I take a deep breath, inhaling Teddy's scent that he left behind. He smells like firewood and whiskey, he smells warm and dangerous. A smell I can easily get drunk off of, and I can't get enough.

"Sleep well, princess?" Brandon's voice scares me out of my trance and I practically jump from the bed on high alert.

I quickly adjust my shirt to make sure I'm somewhat covering my underwear, "Um, yes. I slept fine. What are you doing here?"

He chuckles, "Good morning to you too." He leans against my door frame in a lazy nature. He is still in a pair of gray sweatpants that show off a jaw dropping amount of length that I poorly attempt to not linger on. He is shirtless, of course, and his hair is in a rumpled bed-head state.

"We have a busy day ahead of us, and there are some things we need to catch you up on. Go ahead and get dressed and I'll meet you downstairs." He looks me up and down with a knowing look and saunters out of the room.

Fuck, the camera. I look back up in the corner of the room and see the camera that Teddy pointed out to me last night. I was too drunk on lust to object to it last night, but now it's all flooding back to me. Someone was watching, or all of them. The thought makes me flush, and not in a bad way. Did they like what they saw? Did they get off too?"

I can see a little blinking red light shine in the camera and I know someone is viewing it now. I scold it and give it my middle finger before I head to my bathroom. I take a quick shower, avoiding getting my hair wet so I don't have to spend the time drying it.

I hurry into the closet and I finally peek into the luxury bags that Max got me days ago. I take out a halter crop top and a pair of black cargo pants and I match them to my chunky black boots. I put on some light makeup to make my eyes seem more awake, and throw on a gold chain necklace I found in a little velvet box. I give myself a last glance in the mirror before jogging out of the room and down the stairs.

All four men are sitting around the table in their usual seats. Max, Dean, and Brandon all sipping coffee and Teddy drinking chocolate milk. This time he has my own glass sitting at my seat and my heart warms.

"Good morning." I say, more chipper than I intended and I plot myself into my chair, already starting to make my plate of breakfast.

"Good morning, Harpy. How did you sleep?" Asks Max. He places his phone next to his plate and relaxes into his chair.

"I slept fine, but I'm sure you already know that." I smirk over at Teddy who is already staring at me.

"What do you mean?" He feigns innocence when I know if anyone was watching those cameras it was either him or Brandon.

"I'm talking about you watching Teddy finger fuck me back to sleep last night." I decided blatant honesty was the route for the day, vulgar or not.

The men choke on their drinks, obviously not prepared for the words that have left my mouth. Brandon is clearly loving this, Max looks like he's in the middle of an internal battle and currently losing, where Dean looks like he'd rather be anywhere but here. Teddy just continues drinking his chocolate milk like he is oblivious to the change at the table.

"You think Max is the only one that watched?" Brandon leans back and crosses his ankle over his knee. Now it's my turn to choke.

"You?" I sputter.

"Dean too." Brandon winks over his coffee mug before giving Dean a pointed look.

"All of you?" I shriek and stand.

Max just gives a sideways nod and goes back to looking at what was on his phone.

"Yes, all of us. And might I say, you are quite addicting to watch fall apart." Brandon says in a dreamy tone and he takes his fingers through his hair.

I sit back in my seat, refusing to recognize how my body is humming at the thought of all of them seeing just how well Teddy treated me last night. While he held me in my sleep, replaced the fear from my nightmare with pulsing need in between my thighs, and how he cleaned me up and fixed the damage he wrecked on my body. They watched it all, and not one of them is showing jealousy.

Possibly I read everything wrong and only Teddy wants me, or if I'm the luckiest woman on the planet— they all want me and they're all okay with it. Well, at least I know Brandon and Teddy want me, the jury is still out on if Max and Dean even see me as a creature with a vagina.

But that makes me think back to Max's words last night about the other two playing with my needy cunt. The course words make me shiver in my place and my knees lock together making an audible clack.

"So," I desperately want to change the subject for the time being, it is way too early to have my own internal battle. "Brandon mentioned that you needed to share some things with me and today will be busy. What's on the schedule?" I pop a strawberry into my lips followed by a bite of a banana.

"We have a plan on how to draw out the Cambions, and possibly take them down once and for all, of course after we find out who it is that's in charge." Max says. "For now, we will continue as usual. We do our regular work and our routine appearances, just with you in tow. We still aren't ready for anyone to know you're the Sparrow just yet, but they will see that you are an asset and not just my current love interest."

I think on his words before I respond, taking a sip of my fifteen chocolate milk. "You think they are still after me, don't you? And you think after my appearance last night that they'll recognize me after all this time." I think out loud.

"That's correct." Dean adds.

"As for today, we have a few things we need to take care of. A trip to two of the warehouses to make a random appearance as a team, catch them off guard and possibly remind them that we aren't soft. Then later today we will sit down with our existing guards and you will help us eliminate the weak links." Max continues. "After your assessment I do agree that there are necessary changes needed. And after seeing how you can fight, it'd be best if you had a day in who stays or goes. You can also tell us if you've seen them in your studying and know if any of them are crossing us."

"Sounds like a plan to me. Am I dressed appropriately?" I ask and stand.

I see that Brandon is still in sweats, Teddy is wearing ripped jeans and a tattered band shirt, Dean is in his dark jeans and black tee as always, and of course; Max is in a full three piece suit— vest, tie, jacket, slacks, and I'm pretty sure a pocket watch is hanging from his pocket.

"Hm, give me a spin." Brandon quips.

I let out a huff but do it anyway.

Brandon hums as he assessed me, but I can feel all their eyes burning holes into my body.

Brandon turns to Max, "She's going to need some weapons."