Veinticuatro

Her brain couldn't seem to process what had been said as the words only seemed to endlessly repeat through her head, the words quite literally visible beneath her eyelids, the letters so white that they were just seemingly shining in Neon, the words so visible yet unreachable. When she opened her eyes, she realized that Aitana was hugging her and Thalia was looking at her with so much pity. She had never even noticed that Aitana was hugging her and that's weird because she was always aware of when someone or something was touching her so she could either immediately reject and go in fight or flight mode or accept the warmness that people could somehow give her. 

But now she felt nothing.

She didn't feel hot or cold.

She didn't feel Aitana physically hugging her.

She didn't feel herself breathing.

She didn't feel any emotions.

She was empty.

She saw people of the team and staff walking in and out, their words seemingly incomprehensible as she saw their mouths move but she didn't hear any sounds, no words, nothing. Just one long silence. Somehow everyone knew what was going on, some of the girls, including Aitana, crying for her. 

She wasn't present. Her physical body was sitting there, still in the same spot of Thalia's massage table, her knee back in the brace but that's all that there was to her. She saw everything what happened but she just couldn't understand it. She saw herself sitting there as if she wasn't inside of her body, her mind empty.

She didn't know how long had passed, she didn't know what anyone had said but she knew it was time to go home when her parents and brother came into the room. She saw herself struggling to get off of the table and with the use of one crutch, heading into the car, everyone crying as they seemingly spoke with Thalia. 

Everyone had been crying.

Except for Andorra herself.

She saw herself giving Thalia a hand, a small gesture, something that seemed to be enough for what had been done and what Thalia had meant throughout her recovery thus far. She didn't know how they would continue but at the same time, she couldn't care less. She was empty. She was numb. She almost didn't even know who she was herself. What even was she supposed to do now that her biggest outlet had disappeared?

She didn't remember much else from that entire day. She didn't have a clue on how the car ride home went, she didn't know what they did to spend the rest of the day, what they ate or what was said.

All that Andorra knew was that she woke up the next morning in Aitana's arms and that they were in Andorra's bed, the midfielder was already awake and just scrolling through her phone, notifications and messages but at the moment that she felt Andorra stir, she put her phone besides and focused on Andorra. "Good morning. How did you sleep?"

"What happened yesterday?" Andorra had been so confused when she woke up. The entirety of the previous day feeling like a dream and reality at the same time. "Do you remember what Thalia told us?"

"No, well, not entirely. I remember the morning. That we went to the facility, Thalia took a good look at my knee and then told us, well, me that I can't play football again, I don't remember anything from there, not the rest of the conversation or anything."

Aitana nodded her head and gently stroked her fingers through Andorra's soft hair. "Okay, so, after Thalia told us the news, she did say that we can probably get your knee strong enough again for a different kind of sport if you're interested in that but that all has to wait and depends on your recovery. One thing that she did highly recommend is that you find a goal that you want to work to so you have more motivation to get your knee in a better state again. She also said that you shouldn't put a rush behind this and have to work through this news first. If you ever feel like you need to talk, you can always call or make an appointment with Thalia. She's also prepared to come here if you prefer that.