Treinta y Siete

Buckle up buckaroos and get your tissues ready for this and the next chapter.

The couple woke up in each other's arms the next morning, Andorra being the first one to awaken, safely secured in her lover's arms.

She closed her eyes, pushed her face closer into Aitana's neck and smelled her perfume that was still lingering from the day before, holding on to this moment for as long as she could, holding back the tears as she tried to savor that moment for as long as she could.

Because this was the last time that they would ever wake up in each other's arms again.

It didn't take long for Aitana to wake up after Andorra had woken up, pulling the ex-footballer closer to her, she didn't know why, but inexplicably, it felt like she needed to hold Andorra as close as she could and for as long as she could before her alarm would be going off.

So that is exactly what she did.

Aside from a small mumbled good morning, silence filled the room, their breathing soft and in-sync, the both of them feeling a dark cloud hanging over them but they didn't know why.

Well, Aitana didn't know.

When the sound of Aitana's alarm filled the room, the two of them didn't want to let go of each other, stalling for as long as they could.

Aitana really didn't want to leave Andorra for a week.

They were able to extend their time filled in peaceful silence for 5 more minutes until they really had to get out of bed in order for Aitana to be on time for her plane.

And thus they got themselves untangled from each other, took a shower together and did their morning routine, Aitana changing into her travel clothes of the Spanish national team and Andorra settled on a cute sweater, a necklace dangling over the top, light colored jeans and Nike shoes, curling her hair while letting her hair fall down.

The two of them couldn't keep their eyes off of each other.

Both for different reasons.

When they were done in the bathroom, they went back to the bedroom where Aitana grabbed the last couple of things and put them in her suitcase, Andorra not leaving her side. 

When they came downstairs, Andorra was carrying Aitana's suitcase, wanting to do as much as possible as long as she could.

They greeted Aitana's parents and then went to make breakfast for themselves after Andorra had asked Rosa and Vincent if they had eaten already, the older couple nodding affirmatively.

they ate their breakfast in silence and when that was over, Andorra looked at Aitana. "Hold on a second."

She stood up from the table and swiftly disappeared back upstairs where she went into Aitana's room where she grabbed Paco, the Stitch plushie that once belonged to her brother and then reappeared in the kitchen where she handed Paco to Aitana. "For your flight. I mean, I know it's not the same but when you hold his hand, you'll just have to imagine that it is my hand that you're holding during your flights this week, like I held your hand during the flights of the World Cup."

Aitana smiled at the gesture and hugged her girlfriend tightly. "Thank you."

Andorra nodded her head and hugged her back, just as tight, wanting to hold on to that feeling for as long as she could. 

"Are you ready?" the two of them broke the hug up to look at Vincent who was standing in the door with a smile on his face. Aitana nodded her head and the four of them piled into one of the cars that they now owned and drove off to the airport, Andorra holding on to Aitana's hand for as long as she could, knowing that when it was time for Aitana to leave her for her plane, they would never see each other again.