Treinta y tres

It was the day of the funeral and Andorra had another night of no luck in getting sleep, Aitana staying up with her this time to make sure that the ex-footballer would be as much as okay as she probably could be. 

Andorra appreciated every single thing that the midfielder did for her. She appreciated it more than she probably made it look like or show, so, when the two of them started to hear the birds while they were cuddled into each other's arms, Andorra looked outside for a second and then back at her girlfriend, despite everyone else around her being gone or living in France, Aitana was there with her and she was looking just as beautiful as ever, unable to look away as her girlfriend's beauty had captivated her once again.

When the midfielder felt the pair of eyes on her, she turned her head to look back into her girlfriend's eyes. "What is it?"

Andorra lifted her hand, her cold fingers cupping the midfielder's cheek. "You're so, so beautiful. Did you know that?"

 Aitana smiled and leaned her face into Andorra's hand, her own hand rising to gently hold the ex-footballer's neck, her thumb trailing her jawline and the tips of her fingers playing with the small baby hairs in Andorra's neck, the orange glow of the morning sun brightening the room as the two of them looked at each other, completely in trance and in love with each other.

Andorra slowly moved her face down to capture Aitana's lips with her own. The midfielder was immediately rendered breathless as the kiss was so familiar, yet new. 

They hadn't had such a kiss, filled with nothing but passion and love, ever since the death of Andorra's family.

The kiss was tender yes needy, the both of them needing that kiss. that feeling of love. the feeling that only the two of them were able to give each other. Andorra brought Aitana closer to herself, their kiss deepened as their connection deepened with it. there were no further intentions in the kiss, their lips parting slightly from each other, Andorra putting her forehead against Aitana's.

"Thank you. For everything."

Their eyes were closed as they just enjoyed those few seconds in peace in each other's embrace. "You have nothing to thank me for."

Andorra greatly disagreed with that statement but accepted it none the less and kissed Aitana's lips again, this one shorty and sweet. "Are you ready for today?"

And there it was, Andorra's moment of little inner piece shattered as she retracted entirely from Aitana, her eyes turned sad again, dissociating from reality, breaking eye contact with Aitana, looking out the window instead. "I'm about to bury my entire family... no.."

Aitana winced, realizing that she shouldn't have asked the question and gently held Andorra's hand. "I'm with you today."

Andorra nodded her eyes coming back to reality and looking at Aitana. "We should probably go get dressed."

Aitana nodded her head and the two of them got out of the bed and took turns in taking showers and getting ready for the funeral. The both of them were clad in black, Andorra putting only a little bit of make-up on, knowing that she would probably cry a lot again that day, not bothering with hiding the dark circles underneath her eyes and put her hair up in a ponytail. Aitana was also dressed in black and she knew that she had to take care of Andorra that day, supporting her on every step.

The car ride to the funeral site was silent, entering the church quietly. The caskets would be closed during the entire ceremony since their bodies were so mangled. After the service, Andorra and Aitana's family would stay a little bit longer than the rest of the invited guests, something that Aitana's parents had taken upon them, and then everyone would get the chance to say their condolences to Andorra.