Part Seven

I climb out of bed and tiptoe down the hall, noticing his door is ajar. I knew Liam would be in his room getting dressed for the day. He is fixing his tie in the mirror.

"Good morning, Sophia."

His eyes meet mine, and I step into his room.

"I was thinking I would like to get away with the extra time we have before the wedding."

Without thinking, I lie, "Oh, I was thinking the same thing." I needed to be wearing the pants in this conversation. I would tell him where I wanted to go.

"You were?"

"Yes, yes, we should go to my parents."

"I was thinking of something more secluded. Where we could be alone."

I raise my brow, "Huh, that is romantic. Liam Reed, are you getting soft with me?"

"Certainly not. I want to be alone with you so I can fuck you," he adds.

"Well, if that is the case, get on the bed," I command flat.

"What? No. I want to bend you over and...."

"Sure, fuck me, whatever."

"Whatever? Sophia, what is this? What is happening?"

Oh no, is he catching on? I need to redirect.

"On second thought, why don't you just hang with the boys, and I will see you later."

"You hate the boys, Sophia. I do not understand what is going on with you. You are acting strange and indecisive. Are you feeling yourself?" He asks but with a climbing smirk.

Fuck. There is something wrong here.

"Yes, I feel fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I do not know what you are talking about," I say, trying to collect myself.

"You sure?" He questions again.

"Yes," I say in the most convincing way I can muster.

He straightens his tie and turns to give me a wicked smile.

Fuck.

"Sophia, I know about this little game you have been trying to play over the last few days. It caught up to you, and now you are floundering."

"No, Liam. You are mistaken; there is no game."

"So, you are not using sex as a weapon to get what you want?"

"Nope."

"So, the blow job and the dry humping were not to get me to be more lenient?"

"As I said, there was no game."

"You think you are so smart, princess."

"Aren't I?"

"Sophia, I invented the game."

I roll my eyes, "Fine, I will say I used sex to get you to agree to push back the wedding," I confess.

"Ah, but princess, there are some loose ends I need to tie up, so pushing back the wedding just a little is in my favor, too."

"Shit," I mutter.

"I got you with the blow job thing, though."

"Oh, you mean your sad attempt to embarrass me."

"I degraded you." I snip.

"No, you blew me practically in front of my friends too. We laughed about you being a good little slut for me."

I furrow my eyebrows and cross my arms in frustration. He got me.

"No one beats me at my own game, Sophia. I thought you knew that." He remarks, all smug. He lightly brushes my arm.

I raise my hand. "Do not touch me." I bark and turn around, storming off.

"You are cute when you are angry." He teases, shouting down the hallway after me.

God, I hate him. My loathing only makes me hot. I cannot be bothered by him or this setback. Maybe trying to beat him at his own game was foolish. I would ignore him. When he wanted sex, I would say forget it. I would pretend he did not exist when he needed anything, but coldness was his game, too. And how long could I really last without him? After all, as much as it pains me to say, I'm falling in love with him. I guess he either loves me or he doesn't.