Spring Formal Time

Today was Spring Formal, I was nervous, like really nervous. Nervous I wasn't going to look pretty, or that when I walk in I'm gonna trip, or-

"Are you thinking about all the bad scenarios in you're head?" Katie asked me as she walked in the room.

"No, of course not!" I said as she started my make-up.

"Sure." She said sarcastically.

Because I was so bad at everything girly, Katie was doing everything for her and me.

We were finally both ready, and so were our dates. Katie caught Jackson cheating, so she was going with a nice boy named Alec from our school.

There was a knock on the door, "Katie your ride is here, and Ashley, if you're ready I'm ready too." Jason called from behind the door.

We both looked at each other then walked out the door. Jason and Alex were both wearing black suits, Jason's with a white tie to math my dress, and Alec's with a red tie to match Katie's.

Katie and I walked down the stairs with our arms hooked, and both of the boy's jaws dropped.

"You guys look- wow." Alec said taking in our appearance.

We both giggled and did a little twirl.

"Now let's go before-"

"Oh my! Look at my little kids! Oh picture time!" Jason's mom waltzed in with a camera.

She fumbled with it before a flash went off. She made Katie and I take pictures together, Alec and Katie, Jason and I, Jason and Katie, and Alec and I.

When Alec and I took pictures he put his hand a little too low on my back.

I pushed him away immediately after the flash and he smiled at me and winked.

Jason came and stood protectively at me side and Katie eyed Alec.

"Let's go get in the limo." Jason told us, still sizing up Alec.

We all agreed, and got in the limo.

Both couples sat across from each other, the air thick and tense.

After what felt like forever we arrived at school.

I held Jason's hand walking into the gym, and the first thing I noticed was the decor.

Everything was pink, then I remembered Lindsey was the head of student council. How, I couldn't tell you.

When we walked in one of Lindsey's fake, barbie friends greeted us.

"Hey Jason!" She said flirtatiously, then she looked at me, "Ashley."

I waved at her and she rolled her eyes.

"Alice can you please just leave us alone?" Jason asked. Alice's eye twitched and she looked at me.

"Well ok, but maybe we can meet up later." Alice said winking at Jason.

Jason held in a gag and let out a, "No thank-you."

"I'm going to get us a drink." Jason said walking towards the snack and drink table.

I felt a hand grip my shoulder and turn me around.

"Just watch your back, because now that Lindsey is gone, Jason will be mine." Alice spat.

"Go ahead and try." Katie said appearing behind me.

"I don't even have to try, he's already interested." Alice smirked.

"Keep believing that." I said rolling my eyes.

"Oh so you do speak?" She teased.

"I always spoke I just didn't always speak to sluts." I said.

Woah, Ashley what's wrong with you?

Alice looked genuinely offended and walked away.

-------_____-------

I never thought this story would have 200 reads, and now it has 600! I can't thank you guys enough!

-Gabby