ᴏɴᴇ

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
         CHAPTER ONE - MOVING DAY

      ˏˋ°•*⁀➷             CHAPTER ONE - MOVING DAY

▶︎ •၊၊||၊|။||||။‌‌‌‌‌၊|• 0:10

nothing new - taylor swift ft. phoebe bridgers

♖ ♜ ♖

'IT'S OKAY, LAUREN, I'LL get the heavy one.'  The youngest of the two brunettes gestures for the other one to move over.  'I really appreciate you helping me move, but you're pregnant, for heavens sake!'

'Only three months, I can still carry anything I want!' The other one exclaims indignantly.

'I love you, but currently, I love this baby more.' Charlotte points at the belly of her sister. 'And I want this child to think of me as their cool aunt, and not the person that tried to bring them in danger by making their mother carry heavy boxes full of useless shit.'

In her younger days, Charlotte was fond of making sure her sister got the short end of the stick, while simultaneously getting the longest end. Over the years, that changed, especially when Lauren fell pregnant. This seemingly ordinary event that hundreds of millions of women go through ment for these two sisters a whole change in their dynamic.

Lauren, who had recently hit (in Charlottes eyes) the old age of 29, was in the middle of settling down. She had moved in with her husband, Connell, about a year ago, had a steady job and a solid group of friends surrounding her.

Charlotte, on the other hand, felt like she had no idea where she was going in life. For fucks sake, she didn't even have an apartment to live in, as she stayed in her sister's spare bedroom for quite a while.  She felt like she should have already figured her life out by 24, but it seemed that at 18 she was more sure of herself than she is now.  The only thing she was sure of, was that she loved making videos about books. And  that her audience loved her videos too.

Thankfully, she was moved up the waiting list of an apartment building in the area of her cousin, George. He lived only ten minutes away by foot. And supposedly, many other youtubers lived in the area as well. George thought it would be good for her to surround herself with all of his friends, since her channel had taken off, but only with a certain demographic. These loyal booknerds loved her vides, but she also wanted to focus on the lifestyle genre, just to expand her audience. And for what it's worth, networking is never a bad idea, she thought. She might even make really amazing friends or find a boyfriend. And although she claimed George is 'the most annoying person on earth', she actually loved him dearly and could not wait to spend more time with him.

'You just wait here with all my stuff and i'll take it up to the apartment one by one.' Charlotte said, trying to get away from her sister before she could complain again.

She glances up the stairs. With her new home on the fourth floor, it would be quite the climb, even more difficult with a big box that weighs more than she is used to carrying. Then she noticed the lift.

After bringing in the fourth box up to her apartment, with Lauren sometimes taking light things up as well, the lift started closing already with a man in it.

'Please, hold the door!' Charlotte tried to convince him. And with succes, given that the man popped his hand in-between the door.

'Thank you so much,' she said as she joined him, pressing the button for the ground floor. She turned to look at him, subtly. He was about her age, maybe a little older, with brown, fluffy hair and a bit of a stubble. He was quite handsome, but in a boyish way. She hadn't seen him smile yet, but he would be the exact person to have the most genuine smile and laugh.

The boy shifted from his one leg to the other and rubbed his neck a bit awkwardly. Hardly any girls his age lived in the building, let alone a pretty one. The most exciting person he came across on a day as this was the janitor, Grady, who he brought a coffee once in a while if he got one for himself.

Their eyes met as he looked at her, the lift still filled with silence.

'I just moved in.' She smiled. 'I'm Charlotte.'

'Arthur' He said. "That's me, I'm Arthur.'  He cringed internally for being so awkward, trying to cover it up by giving her a smile.  'I've lived here for a while. Like, two years.'

And she was right about thinking he would have a nice smile.

That's when they heard the sound a bell, signaling them that the lift would open. 

'Do you need any help?'