ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
CHAPTER THREE - GETTING ACQUAINTED

       ˏˋ°•*⁀➷             CHAPTER THREE - GETTING ACQUAINTED

▶︎ •၊၊||၊|။||||။‌‌‌‌‌၊|• 0:45

london boy - taylor swift

♖ ♜ ♖

A FAINT KNOCK on the door startles Charlotte. She was just reading a book for one of her new videos, titled 'only reading dark romance for a week.' She had however quite a hard time getting into the story, so she dozed off once in a while. It was a good thing that someone was at the door, or otherwise she would have fallen asleep for sure.

Closing her book and tossing her blanket aside, she went to open the door. A pair of brown eyes made contact with hers, as a small smile formed on the lips of the man on the other side of the door.

"Hey!' He greeted her.

'Arthur.' She said, still somewhat shocked to see him. 'Is everything okay?'

'Absolutely. I just have an emergency, Tesco is closed and I don't know any of my neighbors well enough to ask.'

'Okay... ' She frowned. 'Come in. The way you're building this up makes me kinda nervous.'

Arthur hesitantly entered her flat, coming to a stop once he properly looked around. 'Your place is amazing. The way you've decorated makes it so nice... and spacious.'

'Thank you. It took me a few days and a lot of blood, sweat and tears.'

He chuckles. 'I can imagine.'

'Anyways...' She mumbled.

'Right! Sorry. I need two eggs.'

'Two eggs?' She laughed.

'Yeah.'

'Sure.' She opened the fridge. 'Any really weird or disgusting reason why? That will make me regret giving them?'

'No, no, no. I'm cooking dinner for my sister and I realized I missed two eggs. And as I said, Tesco's already closed by 6 'o clock on Sunday.'

'Aww, that's nice.'

'Thank you. You are the best.' He smiles at her, hoping to show his gratitude, not being sure how to thank her, given that they are still practically strangers. 'I'll make sure to bring back some eggs some other time.'