ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 
           CHAPTER ELEVEN - ADVICE

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷             CHAPTER ELEVEN - ADVICE

▶︎ •၊၊||၊|။||||။‌‌‌‌‌၊|• 2:16

the alibi - dylan

♖ ♜ ♖

MRS RICHARDS ADVICE was playing on a loop in Charlotte's head all day.
Their relationship wás difficult and the relief she felt when she stepped away from it, was in her eyes justified.

'Jack! Come on! Tonight was supposed to be fun!' The 22-year old Charlotte begged her boyfriend outside of the restaurant that they were at with her friends.

'Go on, Lottie. What the fuck have I done wrong now?'

She feels tears burning in her eyes, but refuses to cry. 'Please, Jack. You know it's not like that... I'm just trying to tell you how I feel.'

'So tell me.'

She sniffles, stumbling over her words. 'You're constantly busy with work, so fine, I think: I'll just talk to my friends and hang out with them. But then you get mad!'

Jack tenses up, clearly getting worked up. 'I'm not mad at you, Lot. I just know that Scott likes you like that, and that isn't sitting right with me.'

'Oh my god.' Charlotte rolls her eyes. 'He. does. not. I've known him since I was, like, three. He's Allies boyfriend, for fucks sake.'

Jack's phone rings. He groans, taking it out of his pocket. 'It's work. Look, babe, I'll just take this, but let's stop being dramatic en stop fighting. There's no need for this right now, okay?'

But it wasn't always like that. In the beginning of their relationship, everything was like they were just married and on their honeymoon. With every joke she made, she earned a laugh from him and with every  look he gave her, something that felt like butterflies erupted in her stomach. He had always been genuinely supportive of her career and the choices she was making on youtube. Unfortunately, he had a hard time dealing with the male attention she was receiving. But when they first started dating, everything was still well in the world.

'Ten.' He smiled at her with what could only be described as hearts in his eyes. 

'Nine.' The people around them shouted. 'Eight, seven, six...'

'The last five seconds of 2021.' She only had eyes for him, even at the huge party they were at.

'The year I found my girl.' He responded, pulling her closer for the first New Years kiss that they ever had. They had met three months prior, but the connection they felt was like nothing before.

'Four, three, two, one...'

With her arms around his neck, it was like nothing could ever bring them down.

Moments like those were hard to forget. At a certain point, Jack was like a drug to Charlotte. And just like with alcohol and drugs, the longer you use them, the worse the side-effects get when you stop using them.

She knew the only person she could get genuine and honest advise from, despite his lack of a relationship - ever - , was in fact the boy she shared 12,5 percent dna with.

♖ ♜ ♖

INCOMING CALL

king charles

While George was in a meeting with Chip, Arthur and Arthur, he noticed that his phone was ringing

While George was in a meeting with Chip, Arthur and Arthur, he noticed that his phone was ringing. It was not unusual for Charlotte to call, but he figured that at mid-day, she would have something better to do than call her cousin. He half-expected that she had had an accident or something that he needed to help her out with. He would be right about the second thing.

'Hi Charles. Is everything okay? I'm in a meeting.'

Hearing her nickname, the older Arthur's head shot up somewhat worried. 'Why is she calling?'

'If you would just let me hear her out instead of interrupting me, jackass, I might find out.' George fired back at him.

Chip now got involved as well. 'Guys, let's take five. We've been working for an hour now, we're almost risking a burn out. Who wants something to drink?'

'Thanks.' George mumbled, leaving to take his phone call in the hallway.

'I have five minutes, so plead your case.'

'Jack just texted me, and want to take me out on Friday.'

'Great.' George said, sarcastically. 'And you came to me for advice, the most anti-jack person you know?'

'I came to you because you're honest, twat.'

'Three minutes left, George!' He heard from the other room.

'Look, I feel like I am not going to be able to talk you out of this, because Charlotte will be Charlotte, am I right?'

It was dead silent on the other side of his phone.

'What I am suggesting is that you go out with the guy, realize that he is still the annoying posh wanker that he was a year ago... Then you ditch him and the guys and I will wait for you at Baileys, and you get wasted with us. Sounds like a plan?'

'You would voluntarily hang out at Allies place of work, just to wait for me to get back from a date? You must really love me.'

George felt his body tensen up. He guessed Allison had not let his cousin in on what happened between them at Freezy's party, completely according to their agreement. And he hoped that that would stay like that for as long as possible.

'You know I would never hang out with her willingly, but given that she is busy behind the bar and I am with my friends, I think I can take the risk.'

'Okay. I'll text you later. And I'm sorry, George... That I'm dragging you into this again.'

'Char...'

'I just... Want some closure I guess. Conformation that the decision I made was the right one. Or possibly, the wrong one. I just need this.'

'I know.'

And with that, they hung up.

♖ ♜ ♖

note: two chapters at once !! are you guys proud <3