ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 
           CHAPTER SEVEN - BLAST FROM THE   
                            PAST

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷             CHAPTER SEVEN - BLAST FROM THE                                PAST

▶︎ •၊၊||၊|။||||။‌‌‌‌|၊|• 0:45

seven - taylor swift (just because it's the seventh chapter lol)

♖ ♜ ♖

'OH MY...' CHARLOTTES jaw dropped at the sight of the boy that she had not spoken to for a year.

'Hi.' He smiled at her.

'What the f-' She said before regaining her composure. 'Sorry. What are you doing here?'

'What am I doing here?' He laughed. 'I don't know, how about helping my sweet mother on a Thursday morning in her shop?'

'Yeah, I mean- I understand that this is your mothers shop, but I have bought my books here for a year now and I've haven't seen you once... And you yawned every time I told you about a book I was reading, so you could understand my surprise at your sudden rise of interest in books.'

'I mean, you're right. But my mom had an accident two weeks ago and I've been helping since.'

'No!' Charlotte felt her heart sink. This woman was the sweetest, loveliest lady she had ever met, so the thought of seeing her hurt made her feel terrible. 'Is she okay?'

'Yeah, just a light concussion. She's around here somewhere, I'm sure she would love to see you, that would made her feel a lot better.'

Charlotte nodded eagerly.

'How are ya', anyways?' He redirected the conversation.

'Yeah, I've been alright. Obviously I was a bit... Off the rails, after...' She stumbled over her words, not quite knowing how to respond when she thinks back to everything that happend since their relationship hit the rocks. 'You know.'

'Yeah, I understand. I'm glad you're okay, though. I have thought about you a lot. And us.'

Charlotte just stares at him, wondering what he will say next. To be honest, she had thought about them too. A lot of the times she wondered if Jack would have changed, if anything would have changed, or how things would have been now, if they would have stayed together. And somehow she felt like the only way she would stop wondering was if they met again.

'So, would you like... want to catch up sometime-' He started his sentence, when Arthur Hill interrupted.

'Char! Look, I've found this really cool book on Elvis and his music and why...' Then he noticed Jack. 'Oh. Sorry, mate. I'm Arthur.'

'No worries. I'm Jack.' He shook his hand. 'Sorry, Lottie. I didn't know you were seeing someone new, I was just thinking...'

That made her laugh. 'Not really... This is just Arthur, he's a mate.'

'Look.' Arthur said. 'I have to leave in like, five, and I really want this book so I'll go pay, but you should keep looking, as it is like, your job or something. But I'll see you...' He checked his watch. 'In about six hours for dinner at ours?'

He quickly said goodbye, leaving the other two alone.

'Just a coffee, Lottie? Anytime soon, I just missed us talking.'

For a second, her gut told her him back in her life could only mean trouble. But the heart won from the head and she said yes.

♖ ♜ ♖

Arriving back at her building, the janitor, Grady, noticed her and recognized her as the new tenant who had grown close relatively quickly to one of his favorite residents.

'Miss!' He called her, causing her to turn around and to notice him. 'We haven't met yet.'

'Yes!' She exclaimed, feeling a little guilty. 'I meant to introduce myself yesterday but I was in a hurry and didn't want to interrupt your... work.'

'No worries.' He gave her a smile. 'Grady.'

'Please call me Charlotte.'

'Fantastic, Charlotte. I have a question.' He gestured to  a storage room nearby. 'I have a package for Arthur, who lives in 34. Could you get it to him as you go up? I noticed you two know each other.'

'Wow, Grady, already keeping tabs on who I spend my time with? I won't be bringing any boys home then, or the whole building will know.' She laughed.

'No, no, don't worry. All your secrets are safe with me.' He winked.

♖ ♜ ♖

Charlotte rang the doorbell of the 34th apartment. Faint footsteps were heard from inside, and seconds later the door got unlocked. Darcy opened the door.

'Oh, Charlotte, you are an angel. You could give it to Arthur, he's in his room, probably streaming.'

'Oh. Is that okay, can I interrupt?'

'Absolutely, nobody cares. If anything, the chat would love seeing a familiar face.'

Arthur shouts for her to come in, his face lighting up when he notices it is the girl from the apartment down the hall.

'Hi.' He greets her with a small smile. 'Chat, say 'Hi' to Charlie!'

'I just came to drop this off, Grady told me to.'

'You're my hero. How was your morning with Arthur?' Then he directs his attention to the game, pausing it. 'She went out with the second best Arthur today, guys.'

'Yeah, it was good fun. Sorry if I'm interrupting.'

'No, you're never interrupting. I'm just playing Planet Zoo on stream.'

That made her blush.

'Planet Zoo?' She questioned, not knowing much about games.

'Yeah, I'm building a zoo. What's your favorite animal? We'll get those in as well.' He gestured for her to sit down.

'Can you add penguins?'

'Penguins it is.' He smiled

Simultaneously, his chat flooded with comments about them.

TWITCH CHAT:

user01: add gorillas, like in georges vid!

user02: is she georges cousin?

user03: omg the way he looks at her!!

user04 donated 45 subs today

user05: charlotte!!!

user06: hey

user07: guys we're getting carthur content

georgeclarkeey: arthur get away from her!

user08: "what's ur favorite animal" he's so pure i'm crying

user09: arthur the giraffes are dying

user10: she's so pretty

user11: i love them

What Charlotte did not see, as she was checking out the zoo, was that Arthur read most of the messages and smiled.