Lucy bronze- Have we met before?

The final whistle blew, and the crowd erupted into cheers. Barcelona had won 6-0. It had been a dream of yours to travel to Barcelona and watch your favorite team play. It had been an even bigger dream to watch your favorite player, Lucy Bronze. As you stood there in the crowd, you couldn't wipe the smile off your face. Lucy looked even better in the flesh.

Your best friend grabbed your arm, snapping you out of the euphoria you felt. She dragged you to the side of the pitch in hopes that the players would come over, and you could get a photo with them. You had dreamed of meeting Lucy over and over in your head, but meeting any of the players would also be a dream come true. The players started to make their way around the pitch. Lucy was so close, and she was making her way towards where you were.

"Lucy, can I please get a photo?" you ask politely, trying to keep it together. 

Lucy looked up at you as you held your phone out, your hand ever so slightly shaking. Lucy cocked an eyebrow, her eyes locked onto you. "Sure... have we met before?". 

She took your phone from your hand and snapped a selfie. "No, we haven't met before." You say.

 Lucy smiled at you and said, "Where is your accent from?"

"Australia." You reply. 

Your best friend shouted from behind you, "She's been dreaming of coming to see you play forever." Thanks bestie, you think to yourself as you blush from embarrassment.

 Lucy smiles wide and says, "Well, I hope we put on a good game for you. Enjoy Barcelona." Lucy started to hand your phone back, and you start to internally panic, not wanting the interaction to end.

 "Do you have any good restaurant recommendations in Barcelona?" You ask quickly. Lucy stopped to think.

 "Yes, actually, there's a Tapas bar not far from here." Lucy proceeds to tell you the restaurant name, and she lights up as she talked about the food. "Well nice to meet you" Lucy says and turns to walk away. You stand there in complete shock at what had just happened, while watching Lucy walk towards the tunnel. Suddenly, Lucy turns her head to take one last look at you and smile. You raise your hand to wave and smile at her. You could have sworn she was blushing.

Later that night after having dinner at the restaurant Lucy had recommended you lay on your hotel bed in a food coma. You have your phone open scrolling instagram, going through pictures of the game from earlier today. A photo of Lucy pops up. You think about sending her a DM to let her know that dinner was amazing but quickly push that thought out of your head. She probably doesn't even look at her DMs. You look over at your best friend sleeping on the twin bed next to yours. You silently laugh to yourself and think why not. 

"Hi Lucy, thank you for the restaurant recommendation earlier today. You were right, the food was amazing." You press send then throw your phone on the end of your bed, not quite believing that you just did that. After a few minutes of trying to sleep but realising it wasn't going to happen you claw the end of your bed for your phone. A notification is on the screen. Imagine if Lucy replied, you laugh to yourself. You tap the notificaton and it's there. Your heart starts racing. Lucy replied.

"Hey no problem. Glad you enjoyed. If you are free tomorrow night I know another place. Id love to take you."

You quickly respond. "Id love to." 

You make plans for Lucy to pick you up at your hotel at 7pm the next night.