Lucy Bronze- Im sorry

You leave Barcelona to go back home to Australia in 2 days. Despite the unread DMs from Lucy in your phone you've been trying to enjoy yourself and see as much of Barcelona as possible before you leave. After a full day of sightseeing with your best friend you return to your hotel room to freshen up before going out again for dinner. As your bestie is in the shower you sit on your bed with your phone in your hand. Maybe I'll just see what Lucy has to say? But then why would I drag out the inevitable. We live on opposite sides of the world. Why force something that's going to be impossible to maintain. 

The doorbell to the hotel room rings. You get up to answer it and a bell boy is standing there with a giant bouquet of colourful flowers. Surprised, you take them from him and take them to the table. There's a card with your name on the envelope. Your heart starts racing. You know its from Lucy. With shaky hands you take the card out of the envelope and sit down on your bed to read it.

Im sorry. I cant stop thinking about you. If you truly don't want to see me again I understand. But I need you to know that I never meant to hurt you - Lucy.

You feel your heart softening. If I was just a fling to her she would have just let me go. But she hasn't. You put the card on the bed next to you and you pick up your phone. You open your DMs from Lucy and begin to read. The first two are apologies. Then a third one sent earlier today is a picture of two koalas snuggling on a tree branch. "I saw this today and thought of you". It's a picture Lucy took while she was in Australia. You smile. Part of you thinks it's silly, another part of you knows its Lucys way of letting you know she's thinking about you. You're torn. 

Your best friend walks out from the bathroom and spots the giant bouquet of flowers. 

"Is that what I think it is" she says with her mouth agape. 

"Yes" you simply reply. 

She sits down on the bed next to you. "Let her in" she says to you. "If your time with her really was as great as you say it was then take a leap. Go for it." 

She puts her arm around you pulling you in for a side hug. You've told her everything like you always do. 

"This isn't the actions of someone who just discards people" she tells you. 

You take a deep sigh. "I just don't want to get hurt again" you say. 

Your best friend shakes her head. " You cant just cut people out of your life the minute it gets hard". 

This one hit home. She knows you run from your problems. You both sit there in silent contemplation. You finally make a decision. 

"This might be the biggest mistake of my life but im going to call her. I really do miss her".

She squeezes your shoulders and kisses your head as she hands you your phone. As you open up instagram the doorbell rings. Your best friend gets up to answer it but you jump up ahead of her and rush to the door. You answer it and Lucy is standing there looking sheepish. You jump into her arms and wrap your legs around her waist as she clings onto you in the tightest hug. 

Lucy laughs, "You really do remind me of a Koala".

Lucy sits on the bed still with you around her waist. "Baby I'm so sorry with the way things went down. Please forgive me". 

You shake your head. "No I was too quick to walk away without hearing you out". You put your hands on either side of her face and draw her in for a kiss. You melt into her. Her arms around you. She feels warm and safe.

Your best friend is standing in the corner of the room awkwardly. 

"Uhh guys I'm just going to go down and have a drink in the hotel bar".